Rod Blogo

wkmac

Punishing politicians for corruption is like scolding the Black Death for killing folks.
So we can empathize with the fury, despair and "why-me?" shock that must have roiled Illinois’ former Congresscriminal and governor, Rod Blagojevich, at his arrest, trial, and conviction, let alone his sentencing last week on nebulous charges that boil down to … governing. Show me the politician who doesn’t swap favors and peddle influence as tirelessly as normal people breathe.
Despite the preening of Blago’s smug prosecutor, self-righteous judge and the State’s cheerleaders in the media, condemning the poor slob to 14 years’ imprisonment is equivalent to exterminating one rat out of the millions spreading plague in medieval Europe: it’s the teeniest, tiniest start on curing what ails us. Judge James Zagel should round up the rest of the elected or appointed leeches and herd them off to the pokey, too, then follow and lock the door behind himself.

Read the rest at Blago's Saga

moreluck

golden ticket member
Color-Blago-to-Jail-March.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
He left early this morning to go to prison in Colorado. His sentence is 14 years. They say he has to serve at least 85% of it for parole.

Do you think Obama will pardon him when he leaves office after Nov. election??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He left early this morning to go to prison in Colorado. His sentence is 14 years. They say he has to serve at least 85% of it for parole.

Do you think Obama will pardon him when he leaves office after Nov. 2016 election??

That's 4 years away--he has a long time to think about that one.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Do you think Obama will pardon him when he leaves office after Nov. election??

Blago should and WILL get the same treatment as that other convicted criminal "SCOOTER LIBBY" and have his sentence commuted.

THe conviction will stand, but he will be out of prison. I say Obama does this after November if he loses and after 2015 when his term nears end.

Peace

TOS

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In Chicago politics the only thing he did wrong was get caught.

He's got really good hair, is an incredible hypocrite, and he's corrupt as Hell. Sounds like a Republican to me. Your "Chicago Politics" crap is straight from Limbaugh, but, then again, you never listen to Rush.

bbsam

Staff member
Blago is a Democrat.
Suck on that.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I can't believe all the people who act like he did nothing wrong or should have gotten a lesser sentence. Make him serve 90% and while they're at it, start filing charges on the rest of the bastards, democrat AND republican.

upsgrunt

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I can't believe all the people who act like he did nothing wrong or should have gotten a lesser sentence. Make him serve 90% and while they're at it, start filing charges on the rest of the bastards, democrat AND republican.

Oh, I agree with you.
I was responding to MFE, who was just sure that Blago was a Republican.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He's got really good hair, is an incredible hypocrite, and he's corrupt as Hell. Sounds like a Republican to me. Your "Chicago Politics" crap is straight from Limbaugh, but, then again, you never listen to Rush.

Duh, I'm saying he sounds more like a Republican than a Democrat. Got it? Suck on that.