Why do good supes never last?

takesteady

I’ve been an inside night sort employee for over a decade now and I can honestly say I haven’t had a ‘problem sup’ in a long time. To me, most of them are a revolving door of faces with the same level of general ineptitude. I don’t think there is a single PT sup on my sort above the age of 23. I’m being serious. Honestly though, I hardly interact with them anymore other than the occasional wave or head tilt. I just clock in, go to my work area for a few hours, then go home. I like it that way.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’ve been an inside night sort employee for over a decade now and I can honestly say I haven’t had a ‘problem sup’ in a long time. To me, most of them are a revolving door of faces with the same level of general ineptitude. I don’t think there is a single PT sup on my sort above the age of 23. I’m being serious. Honestly though, I hardly interact with them anymore other than the occasional wave or head tilt. I just clock in, go to my work area for a few hours, then go home. I like it that way.
And that’s all you need to do. There hasn’t been a decent full time supe, let alone pt, in a long, long time. They’re mostly inept.

Hot Carl

Ups full time sup is honestly great on a resume. You’d be an idiot to not jump ship within a couple years.
It's the same case with PT supes. I tell every preloader that tells me they're being recruited to be a supe that the only way that job is worth it is if you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that UPS is not in your long term plans. In that case, it looks decent on a resume. Otherwise, run like hell. That job is a revolving door for a reason. None of the good supes I had on preload lasted either. All of them got fed up and moved on while the :censored2:ty ones stuck around because no one else wanted the job.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The good ones I saw either quit , went out on stress leave, or died......yes died. We had a fairly good one that had a heart attack at age 50 and died. It was sad.

The good ones i would try to help . They were few and far between.

One of the better ones did rise up and become Center Manager. Rare.

They need good mentors like anyone else .

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The good ones I saw either quit , went out on stress leave, or died......yes died. We had a fairly good one that had a heart attack at age 50 and died. It was sad.

The good ones i would try to help . They were few and far between.

One of the better ones did rise up and become Center Manager. Rare.

They need good mentors like anyone else .

How’d you “help”
Give them a special dance over in the corner at the club

34yearpackagehumper

Best supe I've ever had in this place said his goodbyes today. Competent, sane, understanding, always listened and made an effort to help whenever he could. I can genuinely say he did the best he could with what he had, which oftentimes wasn't much.

And the thanks he got for all that was getting thrown under the bus by a center manager with an agenda. Guy stuck it out for as long as he could until he'd finally had enough and found a better opportunity, leaving us stuck with tweedle-dee and tweedle-dip:censored2: for the foreseeable future.

Why do we do this? Why does this company insist on making it so intolerable for anyone wanting to make a positive difference?
It has always been this way . They really don't want management and hourly to be friendly with each other. You will go out of your way to make a good sup or center manager look good that looks out for his group . However he or she won't be around long. Does not make good sense to me . Seems like you can catch more flys with honey than with salt.

Brownnote

Best supe I've ever had in this place said his goodbyes today. Competent, sane, understanding, always listened and made an effort to help whenever he could. I can genuinely say he did the best he could with what he had, which oftentimes wasn't much.

And the thanks he got for all that was getting thrown under the bus by a center manager with an agenda. Guy stuck it out for as long as he could until he'd finally had enough and found a better opportunity, leaving us stuck with tweedle-dee and tweedle-dip:censored2: for the foreseeable future.

Why do we do this? Why does this company insist on making it so intolerable for anyone wanting to make a positive difference?
Why did the good, honest supervisor not last with a center manager with an agenda??? Really? Because eventually supervisors have to lie to back up the manager who lies, that backs up district who lies, that backs up regional that lies. These days integrity is dangerous to corporate America. That's why management sign NDA's. The higher up the more money to keep your mouth shut about illegal activity. It's not the same company, very depressing.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
All management has to lie, cheat and steal to make their numbers and keep their job. It's a sad fact
Anybody in management who says any different is lying or doesn't know the difference between right and wrong.
Give it break, your like a broken record. You just hate your job and you are stuck because of the money. Any rebuttal from you is just BS..