Why do good supes never last?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Give it break, your like a broken record. You just hate your job and you are stuck because of the money. Any rebuttal from you is just BS..
I don't hate my job. I hate crooks and lying sobs. If you fit the bill ( most likely) I hate you, too. The broken record is the fact that all management has to lie and fudge numbers to keep their job. I don't have to do that, little boy.
Go ahead and lie and say you've never told a rookie driver to sheet a missed package as NSP. We all know better.

Last edited:

Cowboy Mac

I don't hate my job. I hate crooks and lying sobs. If you fit the bill ( most likely) I hate you, too. The broken record is the fact that all management has to lie and fudge numbers to keep their job. I don't have to do that, little boy.
Go ahead and lie and say you've never told a rookie driver to sheet a missed package as NSP. We all know better.
It’s not the job, it’s the people(management) and the working conditions that make this place so bad to work at. When someone stays at UPS long enough, they see how management treats their employees. How they lie to, intimidate and harass drivers. How they push rookie drivers to the point of injury or death.

The inhumane working conditions we deal with on a daily basis. Lack of clean water and ice. Restrooms with no AC in the hot summer with mold growing in them and spiders crawling up your legs when you try to take a dump.

Even some of the center managers I thought were good people and I once respected turned out to be liars and scum like the rest of them. They always show their true colors.

BeachBoy

Who’s going to wake up at 1am and lift 100lb boxes and be told your too slow…SMH
🪓😎
I wake up at 11pm to do that. And I'm ok with it. Part time, I get 8 a day and they pretty much just ignore me. Nighttime manager came up to me a few weeks ago and thanked me for running the most organized box line in the building. I told him I'm just done what I'm paid to do.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I wake up at 11pm to do that. And I'm ok with it. Part time, I get 8 a day and they pretty much just ignore me. Nighttime manager came up to me a few weeks ago and thanked me for running the most organized box line in the building. I told him I'm just done what I'm paid to do.
IMG_4631.gif

BeachBoy

My point is, good management leaves you alone, and lets you do the job they are paying you to do. Just pay me decent wages, let me do my job. I want the same thing all of us do. Except for the wages, I'm in a good position, personally.

UnionStrong

My point is, good management leaves you alone, and lets you do the job they are paying you to do. Just pay me decent wages, let me do my job. I want the same thing all of us do. Except for the wages, I'm in a good position, personally.
Good for you. Don’t let the job own you.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
there's alot of dysfunction within management but i really want to point out that at least some of it is the fault of my fellow grunts. we had a real peach of a center manager a few years back and quite a few of the guys that complain about how our current center manager is such a jerk, well they pulled no punches whatsoever with the peach. I don't know if they're just stupid or they're jerks themselves but to me it should be fairly obvious that if you're lucky enough to get a good manager who is empathetic and rational and ethical you ought to do at least a little bit to make their numbers look good to their boss, because otherwise you're your own problem, you're encouraging their boss to fire them and replace them with a complete jerk.

UnionStrong

there's alot of dysfunction within management but i really want to point out that at least some of it is the fault of my fellow grunts. we had a real peach of a center manager a few years back and quite a few of the guys that complain about how our current center manager is such a jerk, well they pulled no punches whatsoever with the peach. I don't know if they're just stupid or they're jerks themselves but to me it should be fairly obvious that if you're lucky enough to get a good manager who is empathetic and rational and ethical you ought to do what you can to make their numbers look good to their boss, because otherwise you're your own problem, you're encouraging their boss to fire them and replace them with a complete jerk.
It’s a roulette wheel. I had center manager’s that were reasonable even likable. I had pricks I would’ve boot stomped, luck of the draw.

Steamer

Best supe I've ever had in this place said his goodbyes today. Competent, sane, understanding, always listened and made an effort to help whenever he could. I can genuinely say he did the best he could with what he had, which oftentimes wasn't much.

And the thanks he got for all that was getting thrown under the bus by a center manager with an agenda. Guy stuck it out for as long as he could until he'd finally had enough and found a better opportunity, leaving us stuck with tweedle-dee and tweedle-dip:censored2: for the foreseeable future.

Why do we do this? Why does this company insist on making it so intolerable for anyone wanting to make a positive difference?
Because good people make for bad corporate robots? You have to be a lying. pushy self centered for more production instead of real safety, without much empathy for others narcissist; to be a successful corporate manager.

The more ruthless and cold you are the more you rise to the top of the corporate ladder.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
there's alot of dysfunction within management but i really want to point out that at least some of it is the fault of my fellow grunts. we had a real peach of a center manager a few years back and quite a few of the guys that complain about how our current center manager is such a jerk, well they pulled no punches whatsoever with the peach. I don't know if they're just stupid or they're jerks themselves but to me it should be fairly obvious that if you're lucky enough to get a good manager who is empathetic and rational and ethical you ought to do at least a little bit to make their numbers look good to their boss, because otherwise you're your own problem, you're encouraging their boss to fire them and replace them with a complete jerk.
That’s what my work area has been dealing with. My original lead wasn’t bad. Now we’re dealing with ego tripping :censored2:s. The other lead despite his faults would never ever shave my or anyone else’s time. Now I have to constantly deal with that with his replacements and even more. That’s all I ask, just pay me what I worked. I can deal with the other contractual violations, but if they shave my or anyone else’s time they’re done and I will do everything I can to make their lives a living :censored2:ing contractual hell for that.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Because good people make for bad corporate robots? You have to be a lying. pushy self centered for more production instead of real safety, without much empathy for others narcissist; to be a successful corporate manager.

The more ruthless and cold you are the more you rise to the top of the corporate ladder.
I tell this to the new hires. You really have to be a cold piece of work to get into management. The good ones always end up quitting and I don’t blame them.