Rod's old tyme UPS

rod

Retired 22 years
IMG_1036.JPG

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This is for the old timers in Atlanta's Local 728. In 1988, the UPS members got their own Local, 928. The freight line members didn't like us at their meetings because we used a different lingo than them. Local 928 was merged back into 728, UPSers probably outnumber the freight guys now.I found my old dash saver today, its a rare artifact.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1475978354.915377.jpg

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
One morning I was delivering to a trailer park. Back then we needed a signature so I knocked on the door and a little kid about 4 or 5 flung it open. Just across from the door was mom (great looking little blond) bent over the kitchen sink rinsing out her hair---stark ass necked. She screamed and threw a towel around her as best she could and signed for the package---made my day.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
One morning I was delivering to a trailer park. Back then we needed a signature so I knocked on the door and a little kid about 4 or 5 flung it open. Just across from the door was mom (great looking little blond) bent over the kitchen sink rinsing out her hair---stark ass necked. She screamed and threw a towel around her as best she could and signed for the package---made my day.
did you stop back after the kid went to sleep??