Rod's old tyme UPS

rod

Retired 22 years
IMG_1045.JPG

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I met a retiree that had one of these old delivery records.
I have 3 or 4 of teh banker's clips we used to hold down the pages ... I'm going to give it to him.
I told him about my personal DIAD I that I bought in a United Way auction. That thing is a weapon!

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got a whole bunch of UPS related old stuff I will post from time to time now that I think I've figured out how to.

rod

Retired 22 years
IMG_1043.JPG

Rescued from the dumpster (the 2-wheeler not the Harley) when UPS converted from steel 2-wheelers to aluminum. Been repainted several times. Ten pounds heavier than a cow.

rod

Retired 22 years
I only used one of those suckers when I had no choice. Heavy POS with lousy wheels.

I bet I have loaned it out 50 times to people who have an appliance to move. With the lip folded down it works great on washers, dryers and refrigerators.

oldngray

nowhere special
I bet I have loaned it out 50 times to people who have an appliance to move. With the lip folded down it works great on washers, dryers and refrigerators.

Its better than the even older ones that didn't have the ramp for stairs.

moreluck

golden ticket member

The UPSnews.
You could submit news, announcements, recipes and generally anything you waned to announce to other UPSers. Remember Greg Neiman was the head of it? He's a published author now, so his name is already outthere.

oldngray

nowhere special

The UPSnews.
You could submit news, announcements, recipes and generally anything you waned to announce to other UPSers. Remember Greg Neiman was the head of it? He's a published author now, so his name is already outthere.

I think that went away when "The Big Idea is Service" slogan was abandoned.

rod

Retired 22 years

The UPSnews.

Apparently every region had their own section where service and safe driving anniversaries and other accomplishments were acknowledged. It was always interesting to see who made the news. I also liked the annual "Records of UPS" edition. ie" most CODs in a day- most stops- etc. Kind of like Ripleys Believe it or Not.