Rome guilty as charged !

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Found not guilty=s dropped?
"Should have known" is different than did know. Give Ron a break. He was a great unifier imo.
The man would've beat Hoffa the again if he was allowed to run.
At least he worked the job and understood it unlike what we have today and how Hoffa treated O'Brien was a good indicator of who owns whom.
I just feel that our generation is always comparing Hoffa and Carey for way too long. They both had issues. I think we are on the verge of having a truly diverse union in 4 years. And I think there will be leadership that will be better than we’ve experienced in 50 years.

A

Article 3

I just feel that our generation is always comparing Hoffa and Carey for way too long. They both had issues. I think we are on the verge of having a truly diverse union in 4 years. And I think there will be leadership that will be better than we’ve experienced in 50 years.
I hope you're right for the future of our kid's kid's. The percentage of members that care enough to vote isn't lending to optimism.

I believe, from my experience, that the company's abusive habits will always breed union activism, even from the most docile worker who couldn't care less about who is GP.
There will always be people who have witnessed stewards that literally put their jobs on the line to protect their fellow workers from abuse in the workplace and some of them will draw courage from those selfless coworkers called stewards and take up the mantle after the stewards retire.

The reason that Ron Carey's name continuously floats to the surface is because he was one of those people that many of us on the front lines identify with and say "yeah Ron, poke em once for us" after he'd pull a strike at peak in NYC and we'd watch Kelly blow a gasket.

Is today's competition parallel to the nineties? No. It isn't but you have to admire a man who didn't just beat his fist on a podium and cuss the Republicans. He told the company they were going to give us multiple thousands of 23-3 jobs and because we trusted him we stood on a strike line a little bit longer to back him up and today thousands of blue collar workers have full time work.

No one is perfect in job execution but Ron was a man that typically did what he said and the company feared him to the uttermost.
Those were the days.

anHOURover

I hope you're right for the future of our kid's kid's. The percentage of members that care enough to vote isn't lending to optimism.

I believe, from my experience, that the company's abusive habits will always breed union activism, even from the most docile worker who couldn't care less about who is GP.
There will always be people who have witnessed stewards that literally put their jobs on the line to protect their fellow workers from abuse in the workplace and some of them will draw courage from those selfless coworkers called stewards and take up the mantle after the stewards retire.

The reason that Ron Carey's name continuously floats to the surface is because he was one of those people that many of us on the front lines identify with and say "yeah Ron, poke em once for us" after he'd pull a strike at peak in NYC and we'd watch Kelly blow a gasket.

Is today's competition parallel to the nineties? No. It isn't but you have to admire a man who didn't just beat his fist on a podium and cuss the Republicans. He told the company they were going to give us multiple thousands of 23-3 jobs and because we trusted him we stood on a strike line a little bit longer to back him up and today thousands of blue collar workers have full time work.

No one is perfect in job execution but Ron was a man that typically did what he said and the company feared him to the uttermost.
Those were the days.
I agree with everything you say but you are saying BUT you are responding to a CLOWN who says that article 22 jobs are a concession. This clown just don't get it.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Once again I choose to work 4 days and make my own $ on my 3 days off. Keep making the boss happy and pay them high taxes. At the end of the week I see a lot more
FACT
So you accepted no overtime after 8 and still work the other 3 days at a second job? Lmfbo!!
Yeah, sounds like you’ve conceded at life.

A

Article 3

So you accepted no overtime after 8 and still work the other 3 days at a second job? Lmfbo!!
Yeah, sounds like you’ve conceded at life.
Depends on if he makes more $$$ on the off days.
I'd give up ot to have two whole days to do my own gig since I can make a lot more on my own.
Not everyone has this option and/or opportunity but some do.
I'm not working 7 days a week tho. Screw that.

A

Article 3

I agree with everything you say but you are saying BUT you are responding to a CLOWN who says that article 22 jobs are a concession. This clown just don't get it.
Our Art 22 jobs are M-friend. 5 days at 8 hrs. If someone wants to work 4 tens w/o ot that's their deal. Heck, one of our full-time 23-3 employees was going home before they got their 8 in on a daily basis until the steward had a talk with them.

anHOURover

Our Art 22 jobs are M-friend. 5 days at 8 hrs. If someone wants to work 4 tens w/o ot that's their deal. Heck, one of our full-time 23-3 employees was going home before they got their 8 in on a daily basis until the steward had a talk with them.
Same here.
Most are 5 days eight hours
Some here are 4 9 hour days and a four
Very few are 4 tens.
This job I've had since it was created the most sought after job in my local.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Same here.
Most are 5 days eight hours
Some here are 4 9 hour days and a four
Very few are 4 tens.
This job I've had since it was created the most sought after job in my local.
Nope, it's "Pandoras Box" and it needs to stay shut.

If you want to maintain an outside gig while working at UPS, work or stay part time.

It's about the betterment of the entire bargaining unit, not carving out your own little niche.
OT after 8 hrs daily was a hard fought benefit, not to be crapped on by wannabe entrepreneurs.

Full time at UPS is a full time job, and full time employees are the minority.
Please think past your nose and consider what I am saying.

Last edited:

anHOURover

If you want to maintain an outside gig while working at UPS, work or stay part time.

It's about the betterment of the entire bargaining unit, not carving out your own little niche.
OT after 8 hrs daily was a hard fought benefit, not to be crapped on by wannabe entrepreneurs.

BROTHER
i work full time!
i got the same pension as anyone in my local who chooses to drive a package or feeder
what i do outside of work is my business
i put my 40 in every week
i am also an elected shop steward which as everyone knows does not end when you clock out
AM i supposed to give my job back and go feeder or package?
make it 2 part time jobs again?
did paff tell you to post this nonsense?

A

Article 3

Uh, "wannabe entrepreneurs"? Did you ever have a side gig while working your full time job? I guess insurance sales is something you can do while working for someone else so it's ok.

I didn't negotiate that job he's working so that there's no ot after 8. Evidently his local did or it's in his supplement? So don't rag on me about thinking past my nose because that issue is not in my building nor does it affect me and it never will. Ever.
Probably writing a letter to the author of the language he works under may be more effective than this. If his area has this established 40 hr job it's already negotiated there and I have no power to change it. It is what it is.

In addition, our center manager told me that he gets asked by the powers that be (IE?) if he needs any more 22-3 positions often. He said more full time opportunities are available. So in my area full time jobs are not a dying breed and we've added some in the last few years. Everyone gets paid ot after 8. Wipe your tears.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Uh, "wannabe entrepreneurs"? Did you ever have a side gig while working your full time job? I guess insurance sales is something you can do while working for someone else so it's ok.

I didn't negotiate that job he's working so that there's no ot after 8. Evidently his local did or it's in his supplement? So don't rag on me about thinking past my nose because that issue is not in my building nor does it affect me and it never will. Ever.
Probably writing a letter to the author of the language he works under may be more effective than this. If his area has this established 40 hr job it's already negotiated there and I have no power to change it. It is what it is.

In addition, our center manager told me that he gets asked by the powers that be (IE?) if he needs any more 22-3 positions often. He said more full time opportunities are available. So in my area full time jobs are not a dying breed and we've added some in the last few years. Everyone gets paid ot after 8. Wipe your tears.
You were supporting the notion of four 10's, with no OT after 8 hrs on the geise that it may be a good thing for those with outside interests.
I couldn't disagree more.

OT after 8 hrs is a hard fought benefit negotiated over many years of sweat, sacrifice, and toil by our predecessors.
It should be protected with vigilance.

I no longer sell insurance because I wasn't able to devote the time necessary to follow their script.
So be it.
I only did it in the first place after being asked repeatedly, and only because I thought it to be an extension of my stewardship, after witnessing first hand the benefits of a policy for full time UPSer's.

I don't know what idiot negotiated four 10's in his Local, but it sure as hell was a mistake.

As far as what your center manager tells you, I'm willing to bet that for every full timer they hire, two part timers are added.

But hey, good luck on your paper route this morning and make sure you're on time for UPS.

Last edited:
A

Article 3

You were supporting the notion of four 10's, with no OT after 8 hrs on the geise that it may be a good thing for those with outside interests.
I couldn't disagree more.

OT after 8 hrs is a hard fought benefit negotiated over many years of sweat, sacrifice, and toil by our predecessors.
It should be protected with vigilance.

I no longer sell insurance because I wasn't able to devote the time necessary to follow their script.
So be it.
I only did it in the first place after being asked repeatedly, and only because I thought it to be an extension of my stewardship, after witnessing first hand the benefits of a policy for full time UPSer's.

I don't know what idiot negotiated four 10's in his Local, but it sure as hell was a mistake.

As far as what your center manager tells you, I'm willing to bet that for every full timer they hire, two part timers are added.

But hey, good luck on your paper route this morning and make sure you're on time for UPS.
His job was already in existence before this thread. I have nothing to do with what they negotiated.
I doubt that he negotiated it himself. Griping about it on here is not going to change the fact that job is in existence and I have nothing to do with it. But, since it is allowed in their local and they are autonomous it is their deal. It's not a battle I have to face.

And to respond to your ratio of how many part-timers there are in our building versus full-time it is almost 1:1. We have one full-time position for every part-time position.
They're adding three permanent full-time drivers on top of that in the next month-and-a-half.
I would say our building is doing well.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
His job was already in existence before this thread. I have nothing to do with what they negotiated.
I doubt that he negotiated it himself. Griping about it on here is not going to change the fact that job is in existence and I have nothing to do with it. But, since it is allowed in their local and they are autonomous it is their deal. It's not a battle I have to face.

And to respond to your ratio of how many part-timers there are in our building versus full-time it is almost 1:1. We have one full-time position for every part-time position.
They're adding three permanent full-time drivers on top of that in the next month-and-a-half.
I would say our building is doing well.
Four 10's a Company proposal for package car drivers in the upcoming contract.
They even proposed three 13.5 hour days.

It needs to be talked about.

Sorry if it hits too close to home?

A

Article 3

Just had to add the last dig didn't you? Thanks for that. Very enlightening.

BigBrown1234

I HATE when Union officers tell me the MAJORITY of the members voted for them to run the Local!

This is FALSE information!

BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF THE FREAKING MEMBERS DIDN’T VOTE?

Why? Because the majority of the members don’t give two Sh#$s about the Union.

I told my Locals President that he will probably be the last generation of the Teamsters existence.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

BH where did the information about these hours come from ? I have spoken to my BA about this because of rampant rumors in our hub and he has stated that nothing of a sort has come up by the company.