Rookie (1/2yr) Ft Permanent

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I don’t think 3 drivers talked to me my first year. I just listened. They don’t know you, and don’t want to know you until you show you can handle the job.
Learn the job.

Decide if you really want to do that job.

Then perfect your role.

Friendships are made from integrity and dependability.

But people don't get it.

Can't rush everything.

quad decade guy

No duh. I’m here for actually useful dialogue, not some cynical attempt at berating me.
I'd encourage you to stop by the thread about BC bullies....

You'll get a better understanding of what you are facing here on BC.

You'll find a small group of "closer" "friends, buddies whatever" and then just be co-workers with the rest. Since we have so little free time after work, it's tough to make friends with maybe 5 minutes interaction everyday with someone. Feeders even tougher. Become a steward and you'll have a lot more interaction with everyone.

Like everywhere....(BC)......the clowns and jerks(BC) will be evident. The people on BC are exactly like they are at work or in life.

You'll get to know your permanent customers a lot better than co-workers....especially regular pickup accounts.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
The only reason I show up to work…
1640286051678.gif

El Correcto

god is dead
I believe you can’t gain seniority during peak season meaning you can’t be apart of the union and are not considered truly permanent as a driver.
You need to complete your 30 day probationary period before it is set in stone.

For all you know they put up full time position listing to trick people into seasonal jobs they plan on disqualifying you from as soon as January rolls around. Texas is blowing up right now, so maybe not the case.

At your level the best move for meeting coworkers is the safety committee folks and your union steward. Just be inquisitive and find mentors talking to people eventually leads to talking to other people in similar mind states or situations and bonding. As you build knowledge about the job and a good reputation as a personable person others will seek you out for advice or to shoot the :censored2: for the 5-10 minutes we actually see each other per day. For the most part it is a solitary job, you won’t know everyone and be in everyone’s business.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I believe you can’t gain seniority during peak season meaning you can’t be apart of the union and are not considered truly permanent as a driver.

For all you know they put up full time position listing to trick people into seasonal jobs they plan on disqualifying you from as soon as January rolls around. Texas is blowing up right now, so maybe not the case.

At your level the best move for meeting coworkers is the safety committee folks and your union steward. Just be inquisitive and find mentors talking to people eventually leads to talking to other people in similar mind states or situations and bonding. As you build knowledge about the job and a good reputation as a personable person others will seek you out for advice or to shoot the :censored2: for the 5-10 minutes we actually see each other per day. For the most part it is a solitary job, you won’t know everyone and be in everyone’s business.
According to the title he’s been there 6 months

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'd encourage you to stop by the thread about BC bullies....

You'll get a better understanding of what you are facing here on BC.

You'll find a small group of "closer" "friends, buddies whatever" and then just be co-workers with the rest. Since we have so little free time after work, it's tough to make friends with maybe 5 minutes interaction everyday with someone. Feeders even tougher. Become a steward and you'll have a lot more interaction with everyone.

Like everywhere....(BC)......the clowns and jerks(BC) will be evident. The people on BC are exactly like they are at work or in life.

You'll get to know your permanent customers a lot better than co-workers....especially regular pickup accounts.
Oh look king of the transparent skins.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You absolutely CAN gain seniority during peak.

Unknown1234

hey brothers & sisters,
I somehow managed to get hired on full time RPCD and Am trying to navigate 2021 peak season. Im trying to stay grateful for the opportunity, but feel a bit isolated, at my center/hub. I come from a bartending background, so I was really used being surrounded by customers/coworkers all shift. I’ve tried taking the initiative and converse with fellow drivers, pre-shift. But, it’s almost as if I’m invisible or not up-to-par, enough, to interact with. I don’t know if I should keep to myself, up at ups or keep trying to make other drivers like or acknowledge me. Any advice?
When I started in package no one really bats an eye at the new hire but I’m the kind of person to keep to myself so I didn’t care. Just did the work and left. As a rookie they sent me to help out the senior drivers and got to talk to them or ask for advice and most of them are friendly people but they keep to themselves as well and I would share the stuff I knew with new drivers. I never intended to look for friendships at work but somehow they still happen. Even in feeder now my old package driver co workers still hit me up to hang out go drink or whatever else.