Route bidding

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In our area once you sit in the seat it's yours. No way out of it. You can't rebid your old route either.

I should not that this wasn't during the biennial bid process. The mall driver went to feeders and they posted the bid to fill the vacancy. Driver on a rural area wanted to be in town to be closer to his daughter but was overwhelmed by the workload and traffic.

UPSGUY72

What constitutes a "worst route" in your book??

Worst route would be a route in the hood were every one of your 130 stops need a signature. when you drive down the street 5 different people will ask you if you have a package for the same address. The kicker is that you do but there is no Apt number on it so your bringing back to the building to be address correct. But it can't be address correct because when the clerk calls the number on the package they won't give you the apt number.

Usually the routes were the odds of getting shot or mugged are higher than being able to get rid of more than 3/4 of your packages on any given day would be a worst route.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Worst route would be a route in the hood were every one of your 130 stops need a signature. when you drive down the street 5 different people will ask you if you have a package for the same address. The kicker is that you do but there is no Apt number on it so your bringing back to the building to be address correct. But it can't be address correct because when the clerk calls the number on the package they won't give you the apt number.

Usually the routes were the odds of getting shot or mugged are higher than being able to get rid of more than 3/4 of your packages on any given day would be a worst route.
You just described my route sir. The next part of that chain of events is once they finally address correct it with the apt # you then go there 3 more times knowing full well you will be making 3 useless attempts and then NI3ing it because the ghetto :censored2: building just has a locked front door with no way to get inside and no functioning doorbells, and even if it had a buzzer system and by some miracle it worked none of the buttons would be labeled.
These buildings will usually have at least one shattered safety glass window next to the locked door like a spider web where someone angrily threw a beer bottle in the general direction of the door. Also inevitably each visit to this luxury resort will find at least one large loud ghetto woman hanging out the window on the third or fourth floor yelling down to you at the top of her lungs on your way BACK to your truck. The package will never be for her or any of the 17 other people who live in her apartment but the exchange will go like this:
Is that for me?
Who's me?
What name is on the package?
YOU tell ME.
Brown?
No
Jenkins?
No
Smith?
No... Are you expecting anything?
No
The vein on your forehead bulges and your left eye twitches as you silently turn and walk back to your truck as you walk past the row of garbage cans covered in maggots with such a rancid foul odor you dry heave a little as it takes your breath away. Then you are finally back in your truck checking to see if your wallet and phone are still hidden in the diad holder or have been stolen.
Rinse and repeat 60 more times.

wayfair

swollen member
You just described my route sir. The next part of that chain of events is once they finally address correct it with the apt # you then go there 3 more times knowing full well you will be making 3 useless attempts and then NI3ing it because the ghetto :censored2: building just has a locked front door with no way to get inside and no

I don't believe you have to go back 3 more times. The first attempt with no apt is attempt number 1. I'd sheet the address corrected package NI2 then NI3

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You just described my route sir. The next part of that chain of events is once they finally address correct it with the apt # you then go there 3 more times knowing full well you will be making 3 useless attempts and then NI3ing it because the ghetto :censored2: building just has a locked front door with no way to get inside and no functioning doorbells, and even if it had a buzzer system and by some miracle it worked none of the buttons would be labeled.
These buildings will usually have at least one shattered safety glass window next to the locked door like a spider web where someone angrily threw a beer bottle in the general direction of the door. Also inevitably each visit to this luxury resort will find at least one large loud ghetto woman hanging out the window on the third or fourth floor yelling down to you at the top of her lungs on your way BACK to your truck. The package will never be for her or any of the 17 other people who live in her apartment but the exchange will go like this:
Is that for me?
Who's me?
What name is on the package?
YOU tell ME.
Brown?
No
Jenkins?
No
Smith?
No... Are you expecting anything?
No
The vein on your forehead bulges and your left eye twitches as you silently turn and walk back to your truck as you walk past the row of garbage cans covered in maggots with such a rancid foul odor you dry heave a little as it takes your breath away. Then you are finally back in your truck checking to see if your wallet and phone are still hidden in the diad holder or have been stolen.
Rinse and repeat 60 more times.

I used to cover a route like that, 200+ stops. I dr the stuff if it fits between the storm door and front door. I always leave my wallet and cell phone in the back of the truck in my bag. All I have on me is the truck keys and diad.

I don't give them the chance to get my personal property.

OPTION3

NE Supp doesn't have any option of changing your mind after a bid has closed. If awarded a bid, it's yours unless it's something you have to qualify for and you fail the training period.
even worse…then he can rebid on his old route…screwing someone out of a route eventually…its happened in my local

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Dave is right. An exception cannot be counted as a valid attempt. How are you attempting it if you don't even know where you're going? That would be like counting an EC as an attempt. Bad snow storm for 3 days? You'll have to come to the center? ;)

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I used to cover a route like that, 200+ stops. I dr the stuff if it fits between the storm door and front door. I always leave my wallet and cell phone in the back of the truck in my bag. All I have on me is the truck keys and diad.

I don't give them the chance to get my personal property.
80%of my residential is"no driver release"so I couldn't leave a package in a door on most stops and most stops are multi family homes that share an entry way so that wouldn't work.

When I started this route I was scared and kept all my stuff in the back too but if I want to change the Sirius channel or am expecting a call it's a pain. Also I have a bunch of access cards in my wallet that I need to get into parts of skyscrapers and when I leave them in the back I forget them every time.