Route Question

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I know, I'm asking generally how common is it for a driver with less then 2 years seniority to bid and actually win a route. I know every center is different but is there an average time frame of seniority years to have a good chance at winning a route
I did cover feeder for 10 months before I won a bid run. All depends on the need and no one here knows what your hub needs.

Whither

Scofflaw
I know, I'm asking generally how common is it for a driver with less then 2 years seniority to bid and actually win a route. I know every center is different but is there an average time frame of seniority years to have a good chance at winning a route
It all depends. You should reference your center's seniority list and pay attention to bids that go up in your building and how much seniority it took to win them. In any case, if you want a route sign any bids that interest you. Even if you're already outranked. Your coworker(s) might decide to back out of the bid. I'm in a low seniority center, so I managed to win 2 different routes with less than a year seniority, and just won my third -- a route that's always in M-friend -- with less than 2 years. YMMV.

JustDeliverIt

If hes a 22.4 and win the bid route does that mean he becomes rpcd?

22.4's aren't allowed to bid, at least they aren't in my building in the bid we did in Feb. If a bid route is open, and no available RPCD to take it, the highest seniority 22.4 will be given it and made an RPCD.

SLW

22.4's aren't allowed to bid, at least they aren't in my building in the bid we did in Feb. If a bid route is open, and no available RPCD to take it, the highest seniority 22.4 will be given it and made an RPCD.
Ours could but there was zero chance they would win anything. But the first bid lists for new cover driver spots was 22.4 only

JustDeliverIt

Ours could but there was zero chance they would win anything. But the first bid lists for new cover driver spots was 22.4 only

Honestly, I wouldn't think they could bid anywhere. Theoretically, they are a hybrid position. If they could be working inside the building at any time then how do they bid a route? If they have a bid route, why are they not RPCD's? All of them here are just cover spots, but as always with this place it varies by region.

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles
You bid a training route. And any driver with any knowledge and any common sense would not bid on that route
I bid on my training route right after my 30. After a couple years, not a training route any more. Still my route 7 years deep.
Probably not the case in most centers though.
(I didn't have any knowledge or common sense, but it worked out )

AndrewK

It all depends. You should reference your center's seniority list and pay attention to bids that go up in your building and how much seniority it took to win them. In any case, if you want a route sign any bids that interest you. Even if you're already outranked. Your coworker(s) might decide to back out of the bid. I'm in a low seniority center, so I managed to win 2 different routes with less than a year seniority, and just won my third -- a route that's always in M-friend -- with less than 2 years. YMMV.
How can you tell if your in a low seniority center or not? There is about 65 drivers in my center

DriverNerd

All of our RPCD routes that come up for bid are available to all full time employees including 22.4.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
A year and a half at your location and haven't made any real life contacts in the building to get real life answers from.....

This is a 22.4 ft combo driver issue...

Do not confuse this with THE 224 Mafia...

Untouchable.

Sixth Punch Sense

How can you tell if your in a low seniority center or not? There is about 65 drivers in my center
That's a small center, mine had 200plus drivers on both sides. But seniority was shared between both centers. So 400 plus drivers.

There is a seniority list posted in your building, you should already know this. Your name will be on it and your place on seniority. Find you centers steward and ask him your questions.

barnyard

KTM rider
Harder. A lot harder. There are less drivers so the drivers that are there probably have decades of seniority.
We have had 4 go from 22.4 to RPCD in my building. None of them are finished with progression. Since the start of covid peak, we have bid 6 routes and have another 3 or 4 that should be bid. We have been using a hog barn for a year, at some point, we are going to need a new building or add a 2nd building to our area.