Route Question

Overpaid Union Thug

A year and a half ago I was put on a training run for my 90 day probation that went out with about 110-120 stops. Fast forward today and I'm still on this run but the area got tweaked a little and the stops went up alot, I am now going out with anywhere from 155-185 stops.

They asked the original driver for this route to come back on it as I was long overdue, but he declined and said that's too many stops and wants to stay put.

My question is, what happens next? Does the route go up for bid? Has this situation ever happened before, as my supervisor said hes never dealt with something like this before and would probably assume it will go on for bid. What's the chances of winning a bid route with only a year and a half seniority?
In my supplement if your route was a bid route and the bid driver was taken off of it to allow you to be trained then that driver must come back once your training is over. They have no choice. At that point you’d be put in the unassigned pool. Assuming you’re a 22.4.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
How did I run it for a year and a half then?
Here they use training routes by bumping the lowest seniority off. Management sometimes likes to play the area knowledge/operational needs card sometimes without any fuss but this might be why your training route is safe for the most part.
They also have not hired anybody permanent since last summer. crazy.

Our local requires a fairly high # of training routes per center so the highest seniority training route bid driver might only need to vacate once every year or two. Definitely not a bad gig.

Here they use training routes by bumping the lowest seniority off. Management sometimes likes to play the area knowledge/operational needs card sometimes without any fuss but this might be why your training route is safe for the most part.
They also have not hired anybody permanent since last summer. crazy.
We have Map Nav. No area knowledge required. shove their technology right back up their ass

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We have Map Nav. No area knowledge required. shove their technology right back up their ass
It's more like they driver does not feel like contesting it for one reason or another.
I for one advocate for the routes that force you to work in one of those crappy 1-way street designs we have here. take 3 lefts to make a right and all the left turns are too skinny for anything but a compact car type of madness.

JustDeliverIt

This exactly. When I came back out in Feb. and bid a route I didn't know, supe said use the cradle and have a great day. A few days and your good. OnCars are going to be the next ones out the door I think. You can have an ORS manage the messages to the diads and the cradle teaches area knowledge. Make smaller centers and have one manager there to handle 40/50 drivers instead of one OnCar handling 25 and funneling up. Better not bigger, right Carol

This exactly. When I came back out in Feb. and bid a route I didn't know, supe said use the cradle and have a great day. A few days and your good. OnCars are going to be the next ones out the door I think. You can have an ORS manage the messages to the diads and the cradle teaches area knowledge. Make smaller centers and have one manager there to handle 40/50 drivers instead of one OnCar handling 25 and funneling up. Better not bigger, right Carol
Exactly the writing is on the door.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Be glad you’re working and not on layoff. Slow down take your full lunch. The stop count will decrease. Anything in between that management tries to come at you about just talk to your steward and follow the appropriate grievance procedures

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Except you 😉
Had to teach myself it over a year ago blind. Was the only route up for bid during my selection that I wouldn’t have to run blind. And since it’s an almost impossible training route I know I won’t be off it for long.
Also it’s not the route I trained on.
they made it a training route during the 22.4 Armageddon