RPCD lay off?

BigBrownboxx

Hey all, once again my center is starting saturday ground here and a co worker of mine told me they can lay off an RPCD and work a 22.4 over them tues-fri? Is this true? we are both RPCDs…

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
YEAH! AND ASK FOR HELP WITH EVERY OVERWEIGHT
TIME TO STAND STRONG UNION BROTHERS THIS IS OUR COMPANY
🧔✊
They would loose their minds if that was the case. What are you doing following the methods???? You're supposed to talk about it....not actually do it

542thruNthru

Hey all, once again my center is starting saturday ground here and a co worker of mine told me they can lay off an RPCD and work a 22.4 over them tues-fri? Is this true? we are both RPCDs…
Seriously? This contract has been out since 2019!

Evidence right here!

"PTers don't vote! FTers care about their jobs and vote!"

Probably doesn't even have a contract book.

Here's your answer by the way.
Screenshot_20210730-215839_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

tech209

Seriously? This contract has been out since 2019!

Evidence right here!

"PTers don't vote! FTers care about their jobs and vote!"

Probably doesn't even have a contract book.

Here's your answer by the way.
View attachment 346446
Does it matter if a 22.4 driver schedule consists of Tuesday-Saturday? Meaning he can bump a rpcd who is a Monday-Friday but decides to come in on a Saturday?

542thruNthru

Does it matter if a 22.4 driver schedule consists of Tuesday-Saturday? Meaning he can bump a rpcd who is a Monday-Friday but decides to come in on a Saturday?
That's a little more tricky. Depends on what you mean. Judging off of what I know about you being in the same area/rider as me. I'm guessing you mean a RPCD coming in for a 6th punch. A RPCD does not have a right to work a 6th punch over a 22.4 working his scheduled work day.

Seniority is a different matter if you mean on preference of route. That I would ask your BA. Going off of article 4.3 I would say the RPCDs seniority would Trump the 22.4 when it comes to route selection but definitely not on who works or not.

tech209

That's a little more tricky. Depends on what you mean. Judging off of what I know about you being in the same area/rider as me. I'm guessing you mean a RPCD coming in for a 6th punch. A RPCD does not have a right to work a 6th punch over a 22.4 working his scheduled work day.

Seniority is a different matter if you mean on preference of route. That I would ask your BA. Going off of article 4.3 I would say the RPCDs seniority would Trump the 22.4 when it comes to route selection but definitely not on who works or not.
Appreciate it thanks man

Methods Man

Our center used to try to pull fast ones by giving RCPD drivers that took a “dead day” during the week and give them priority on Saturdays when they needed extra help rather than by going by seniority for extra work.