RS Tags No More??

tups

Ok this is a new can of worms opening up here in the Northeast. Today we received a message over the diad "Beginning tomorrow call tags will no longer be issued. All call tags will now be done by ODS, on call service, one time pickup. You will need to be sure your truck is stocked up with SDG forms" What is this? I found no mention of an upcoming PCM on UPSers.com. Anyone else hear of this? And what are we supposed to do? Go to a house, or business with blank forms and wait for them to be filled out? Will we be given extra time allowances? And what about that crap Pottery Barn Queen who decides to send back all 25 pieces, or the snowbirds moving from the North in October sending 20 boxes of clothes to Florida? And what about weight?(not that anyone ever gives the true correct weight anyway) DIM measurements? What, are we supposed to carry around a scale and tape measure now? Anyone else get this?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not here, RS and One Times are still in effect. Your OMS must be mistaken. An ASD or SDG form will not scan as a RS Label.

currahee

Ok this is a new can of worms opening up here in the Northeast. Today we received a message over the diad "Beginning tomorrow call tags will no longer be issued. All call tags will now be done by ODS, on call service, one time pickup. You will need to be sure your truck is stocked up with SDG forms" What is this? I found no mention of an upcoming PCM on UPSers.com. Anyone else hear of this? And what are we supposed to do? Go to a house, or business with blank forms and wait for them to be filled out? Will we be given extra time allowances? And what about that crap Pottery Barn Queen who decides to send back all 25 pieces, or the snowbirds moving from the North in October sending 20 boxes of clothes to Florida? And what about weight?(not that anyone ever gives the true correct weight anyway) DIM measurements? What, are we supposed to carry around a scale and tape measure now? Anyone else get this?

Tups i work in Brockton but i must have missed that Ods today. Do you work in the East Or West center?

Griff

That system would work out better anyways. The OMS people here constantly mess up calltags and then blame the drivers for their mistakes. I guess that's a learned habit picked up by being around management all day long.

DS

Fenderbender
Ok this is a new can of worms opening up here in the Northeast. Today we received a message over the diad "Beginning tomorrow call tags will no longer be issued. All call tags will now be done by ODS, on call service, one time pickup.Weve been doing this awhile now,usually they send it as on oncall with the remarks:Tags in center,and proceed to give you all the tracking numbers in case the cust wants them. You will need to be sure your truck is stocked up with SDG forms" What is this?You go there,and if its a multiple box shipment you hand them a waybill,and tracking numbers and tell them to call it in when its ready and sheet NR1. I found no mention of an upcoming PCM on UPSers.com. Anyone else hear of this? And what are we supposed to do? Go to a house, or business with blank forms and wait for them to be filled out?Yes,you will work as directed:) Will we be given extra time allowances?No And what about that crap Pottery Barn Queen who decides to send back all 25 pieces, or the snowbirds moving from the North in October sending 20 boxes of clothes to Florida? And what about weight?(not that anyone ever gives the true correct weight anyway) DIM measurements? What, are we supposed to carry around a scale and tape measure now? Anyone else get this?I'm one of the drivers that has to deal with those snowbirds,those 20 boxes always seem to be on the top floor 3 stories,no elevator.They make the cust guestimate the weight,hight width girth,and give them a price up front.

wily_old_vet

If it is changed to a ods pickup you will get a lot more time credit than a rs. Of course it will take more time. I used to drop the labels off and have the people fill them out and then go back to pick up the pieces.

ikoi62

heard the same thing from a few of the drivers today. they were told at their pcm on Monday .. NJ here

upsdude

I posted about this a month ago. No more 1-time pickups here, everyhting is now handled as an on-call pickup. We still have call tags though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One time pickups have been discontinued and customers are being directed to the nearest UPS Store. We still have call tags and have not heard about them being discontinued.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Iv'e had 2 on calls that I sent to the local pack n ship. 14$ for a 2 pound pkg going 20 miles? They were hapy I saved them money. This must be the intention.

BleedBrown

The One Pickup Initiative, which eliminates One Time Pickups (OTPU), will be deployed throughout the 1st quarter 2008 in a phased approach This deployment is being coordinated with Corporate CSC in order to manage CSC agent training and customer call volume. OTPU requests which are made via customer calls to the CSC will be converted to On Demand Pickups (ODS) on a statewide basis per the deployment schedule. Corporate CSC will route calls to specific CSC Call Centers based on Area Codes and will be following this state by state schedule.

:funny:

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Havent heard about call tags here in 804 but the 1 shots started this week as on call airs.Still getting call tags in the morning in my mail box.