RTS-C19

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It is a matter of time before one of our employees gets it. What is the contingence plan?

I would imagine that they will be forced to shut down the building and test everyone that those affected were in contact with over the last 14 days.

The reality of this should be sinking in...So think ahead and start planning on some form of lost income over the next 5 months.

"DO NOT EXPECT BOTH THE COMPANY AND THE UNION TO HAVE ANY PLANS OVER THIS" as usual it is on "YOU".

"IT IS WAY, WAY OVER THEIR HEADS"

Just recently HR is starting to actively seek new employees in every category. I suspect to cover the potential loss of active employees due to this virus. All it takes would be an affected employee to sneeze on a package, and seriously the odds of that happening are becoming alarming with every passing day.

:didimiss:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I wonder if my dog has it. He's been kicking his balls for a straight hour now.

Lucky dog.
Pet dog in Hong Kong found to have low level of coronavirus - MarketWatch
1584092226861.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How? The child is not a new born or sick. They just can't go to school.

I think they need to follow the spirit of the law on this rather than quibble over the details. It is a public health issue, they are being forced to stay home from school to prevent the spread of the virus.

It's just like the people in quarantine on the cruise ships. How many are out of vacation time and stand to lose the health coverage because they can't get back to work? Imagine losing your insurance, then getting sick because you were forced into close quarters with other people who are sick. Just one more reason to never go on a cruise.

Now, getting back to the preceding issue, that being families where both parents must work. I wonder what would happen if roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the labor force removed themselves to stay home and raise their families. The value of labor would necessarily go up, right?

I guess we would lose the day care sector, and probably cut back on some teaching positions, but aside from that, the demand for labor would be high. Maybe the union should start encouraging single income households?

542thruNthru

I was just stating my opinion. How would you propose that people indirectly affected by this thing (neither they, nor their loved ones are sick themselves, but they still can't go to work) keep their benefits intact or not lose their jobs?

Go to work?

I would never do this but..... fake back injury and get on disability..... again I would never do this... ;)

542thruNthru

Only old people are dying from this.

I think it's very important that all young people do their civic duty and help to solve the social security funding shortfall by going to work whether they're sick or not.

I'm talking about someone having to stay home because their kids school shut down.