RTW- Leaving the Union.

How do people at non-union jobs get a pension if they have no union to "give it to them?"

Tell your dad thanks for the pension. Because of him going on strike, I've never had to lift at finger at UPS and the union has just given everything to me. Now I feel kind of guilty for not doing anything to earn a pension all of these years. Maybe if I had done less work and paid the Teamsters more money, I could have got full benefits when I'm 75 instead of 70.
We went on strike in 97 to get more full time jobs. Now we can't even get the members to vote on the contract
Smh

coolslice

We went on strike in 97 to get more full time jobs. Now we can't even get the members to vote on the contract
Smh

Probably because the union doesn't keep its members informed on the supposed "negotiations." Member's also know that the "vote" is a total scam as well. Contracts pass regardless of the "vote" now.

Probably because the union doesn't keep its members informed on the supposed "negotiations." Member's also know that the "vote" is a total scam as well. Contracts pass regardless of the "vote" now.
It's pretty sad when we can't get 50% of the people to vote. Of we had a better turnout we may have gotten a better contract.

Star B

White Lightening
It's pretty sad when we can't get 50% of the people to vote. Of we had a better turnout we may have gotten a better contract.
that's due to idiots like OP and people who think "what has the union done for me this month?" and seeing nothing, but forgetting everything the union fought for in the past.

that's due to idiots like OP and people who think "what has the union done for me this month?" and seeing nothing, but forgetting everything the union fought for in the past.
I can kinda of understand where he is coming from. I have list a lot of faith in the union myself. With they being said we still need to vote on the contracts. More importantly we need to vote our leadership out of office.

tourists24

I can kinda of understand where he is coming from. I have list a lot of faith in the union myself. With they being said we still need to vote on the contracts. More importantly we need to vote our leadership out of office.
I have a laundry list myself of gripes with the union; but no matter what, we have good wages, awesome healthcare, and a good retirement package. That’s not all been out of the goodness of UPS’ heart. It was negotiated by the union.

Cool has no problem accepting those benefits yet doesn’t want to pay the dues that comes with that union job. I can’t do that. Just imagine if everyone did that. If I get to that point, I would just leave to specifically find a non union job.

If that’s brainwashing then so be it. I call it doing the right thing. I hope his attempts to leave the union finds many roadblocks.

I have a laundry list myself of gripes with the union; but no matter what, we have good wages, awesome healthcare, and a good retirement package. That’s not all been out of the goodness of UPS’ heart. It was negotiated by the union.

Cool has no problem accepting those benefits yet doesn’t want to pay the dues that comes with that union job. I can’t do that. Just imagine if everyone did that. If I get to that point, I would just leave to specifically find a non union job.

If that’s brainwashing then so be it. I call it doing the right thing. I hope his attempts to leave the union finds many roadblocks.
This is a s a union shop and the RTW is BS

coolslice

People don't vote because they know it doesn't matter. The contract has nothing to due with members needs, opinions, wants, or desires. I has to due with UPS keeping the business going without airing out the behind the scenes dirt and the Teamster continuing to get paid. If anyone thinks it's about anything more than that, well, they probably still vote.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This whole thread is a travesty. It's like putting down the hundreds of thousands of veterans who laid down their lives to keep this country free from fascists and dictators. was it all for nothing? You probably also spit on the flag.

People DIED for the benefits you enjoy. The unions benefited all working people union or non by many labor laws implemented to safeguard lives. The list is long.

People like you are nothing but.........ignorant a holes.

coolslice

I do something for the Union every Friday. They allegedly do something for me every 5 years.

I'm still curious why you homers aren't volunteering more of your paycheck to the teamsters to show you debt of gratitude to the union? I can't seem to find anyone here that wants to give the union more money than is required? It could only benefit you, right? In my best Chris Farley voice- "Hmmm. That's a mystery!"

People don't vote because they know it doesn't matter. The contract has nothing to due with members needs, opinions, wants, or desires. I has to due with UPS keeping the business going without airing out the behind the scenes dirt and the Teamster continuing to get paid. If anyone thinks it's about anything more than that, well, they probably still vote.
Voting does matter.

Future

Victory Ride
This whole thread is a travesty. It's like putting down the hundreds of thousands of veterans who laid down their lives to keep this country free from fascists and dictators. was it all for nothing? You probably also spit on the flag.

People DIED for the benefits you enjoy. The unions benefited all working people union or non by many labor laws implemented to safeguard lives. The list is long.

Yes!

8000Shelf

My grandfather was a D Day WWII vet. Got mangled up but survived. Came home and battled again to get a union in at his place of employment. Many people died battling to give us the rights we workers enjoy today.
The OP can lie to himself all he wants. The Union sets the standard and workers wouldn't have :censored2: in this country if it wasn't for organized labor.

coolslice

No..... It's nothing like that at all. Unions were necessary decades ago. Today they are not. With roughly only 7% of the workforce unionized, it's pretty clear that the need has declined over the decades. Unions persist by instilling fear into members, and the politicians the unions support do the same thing. We all need either a union or big government to wipe our asses and clean up all of our messes for us, because we are so inept that we can't possibly do it for ourselves. It's the victim mentality that is ruining this country, and unions and democrats are the prime players in the scam. Both are living quite well and enjoying the power you have given them to be your savior.

Everyone supports freedom right up until it disagrees with your version of freedom. I think freedom is not being forced to take part in legalized racketeering. You don't seem to advocate THAT freedom, now do you?

I'd be more likely to support a union where no brass makes more than the highest paid member. As it stands, we're involved in a Ponzi scheme. The local President makes double of what I do.

The comments here about my character and intelligence speaks volumes on the cult like atmosphere of the union. If anyone that calls themself an adult judges a persons worth by whether or not they support a union, then that's a good indication of the type of person they are, not me. The comments like your only make me feel better about my decision. Nobody is going to bully me into thinking I'm wrong. I find it hilarious that so many here seem to think this tactic is a way to show how great the union is.

No..... It's nothing like that at all. Unions were necessary decades ago. Today they are not. With roughly only 7% of the workforce unionized, it's pretty clear that the need has declined over the decades. Unions persist by instilling fear into members, and the politicians the unions support do the same thing. We all need either a union or big government to wipe our asses and clean up all of our messes for us, because we are so inept that we can't possibly do it for ourselves. It's the victim mentality that is ruining this country, and unions and democrats are the prime players in the scam. Both are living quite well and enjoying the power you have given them to be your savior.

Everyone supports freedom right up until it disagrees with your version of freedom. I think freedom is not being forced to take part in legalized racketeering. You don't seem to advocate THAT freedom, now do you?

I'd be more likely to support a union where no brass makes more than the highest paid member. As it stands, we're involved in a Ponzi scheme. The local President makes double of what I do.

The comments here about my character and intelligence speaks volumes on the cult like atmosphere of the union. If anyone that calls themself an adult judges a persons worth by whether or not they support a union, then that's a good indication of the type of person they are, not me. The comments like your only make me feel better about my decision. Nobody is going to bully me into thinking I'm wrong. I find it hilarious that so many here seem to think this tactic is a way to show how great the union is.
Do you honestly think we would be making the money and have the benefits we do now without the union?

coolslice

We've really sunk to a new low with the comparing of military veterans who gave their lives for the country to ignorant bullies and fat cat, corrupt union bosses that live off of members hard earned dollars. If that isn't a desperate attempt to salvage a failed argument, then I don't know what is! I'm just glad you all went there, and not me.

Future

Victory Ride
My grandfather was a D Day WWII vet. Got mangled up but survived. Came home and battled again to get a union in at his place of employment. Many people died battling to give us the rights we workers enjoy today.
The OP can lie to himself all he wants. The Union sets the standard and workers wouldn't have :censored2: in this country if it wasn't for organized labor.
Let’s just say ...I know this

8000Shelf

Your integrity is being assulted due to your hypocrisy

coolslice

Do you honestly think we would be making the money and have the benefits we do now without the union?

At this point, I'm not sure. Like I said, UPS HAS to pay high wages to get people to do our job. We don't sit on a nice office watching the paint dry for 8 hours for our wage. We make the company billions and they can't afford to have a bunch of bums in there working for $15 hours that quit every other week.

I can tell you that the part-timers and the new 22.4 hires probably have a very different opinion than yours about "how good we have it."

At this point, I'm not sure. Like I said, UPS HAS to pay high wages to get people to do our job. We don't sit on a nice office watching the paint dry for 8 hours for our wage. We make the company billions and they can't afford to have a bunch of bums in there working for $15 hours that quit every other week.

I can tell you that the part-timers and the new 22.4 hires probably have a very different opinion than yours about "how good we have it."
Again, people didn't vote. So who are you going to blame?

I can tell you that my standard of living has went up quite nicely over the decades

Our pension contributions was very little when I started, way below Master freight, now they pay a lot more into the pensions.