RTW- Leaving the Union.

coolslice

. What makes you certain. You won’t acquire a terminal illness near retirement and die before you actually retire?
Seen multiple people near retirement just die slowly,( kidney failure and dialysis is not cheap, cancer and heart failure ).

It's very possible. At that point I'm not worried about retirement or the union. If needed, I guess I could just get on my wife's insurance if I needed to. Then, I guess there's always the almighty ObamaCare!

The Milkman

Why? According to everyone here, the union is infallible. You all can question my integrity, but unlike union brass, I actually work for my money. I wouldn't feel right taking other people's pay by pissing on their backs and telling them that they should appreciate it. Besides, I pay my dues (for now) and have for many years. That IS my involvement. Do you want me to pay and do their job for them too? I don't think so.

Union Brothers stick together, just wondering what your thoughts would be being stuck in a foxhole in Nam? I guess you would like others in that tough spot to band together and have each others backs? I was on the line in 97 doing what was right, helping my brothers and sisters, you are such loser

coolslice

I swear reading through some of your post made me feel more dumb. I can’t speak for them all but I was a part timer now 22.4. Everyone complains about having to work weekends, but I came from a sales job that had just as crappy hours. I’ve got friends with degrees, myself included, that work nursing, landscaping, construction, etc. with not as much pay with just as crappy hours if not worse. Those 9-5 Monday-Friday jobs are long gone. At least here I’ll have a better paying job with much better benefits thanks to the union. I’m 23. Even if I do stay with the company 35 years I'll be able to retire with full benefits at 58 thanks to the union!!!

Enjoy working all different shifts and Saturdays and Sundays. BTW, you don't get the same union protections or the pay that previous employees get. It's also pretty bold to think you can accurately predict what you will receive for certain in 35 years. Your job is a product of union give backs. You are doing the same job for less money and taking work and OT from regular package car drivers. I'd look into what you're actually getting as opposed to what you think you have. These union homers will never admit the truth of the 22.4's because it hurts their position. I don't have that filter on reality.

coolslice

Union Brothers stick together, just wondering what your thoughts would be being stuck in a foxhole in Nam? I guess you would like others in that tough spot to band together and have each others backs? I was on the line in 97 doing what was right, helping my brothers and sisters, you are such loser

What a maroon... We deliver boxes. We are not in a foxhole fighting for our lives. Jesus Christ! Where do you people come from? LOL! Maybe you should be given hazardous duty pay for your heroics.

The Milkman

Untitled.png

Brotherhood for Dummies

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You will never understand.

Best of luck to you
I actually agree with coolslice. If you were talking 50 years ago, sure. Now adays there is little brotherhood. The new big union is basically wal mart...low wage throwaway jobs for most, bloated salaries and ever-increasing gap for the brass up top. As well as disconnect from shop floors. This isn't the 1950's. IBT is big business and ironically it is what workers have been battling against for decades.

I actually agree with coolslice. If you were talking 50 years ago, sure. Now adays there is little brotherhood. The new big union is basically wal mart...low wage throwaway jobs for most, bloated salaries and ever-increasing gap for the brass up top. As well as disconnect from shop floors. This isn't the 1950's. IBT is big business and ironically it is what workers have been battling against for decades.
So what now? Just give up the fight now and take what crumbs we can get?

upschuck

My God, anything but that! It would be harder to find the president at the hall during normal business hours than it would for me to show up there.

Like I said, any attempt to prevent an employee from leaving the union is a felony in this state with stiff fines payable to the employee. I think my lawyer and myself are a lot smarter than you think, and I'll be just fine.

You should call this forum union ass lickers instead of Union issues, LOL!
I still haven't figured out why you came here for answers if your lawyer is so smart.