Rude

D

deadman34

Why is it that when you become union everyone turns into :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:s? Overnight wasnt like this. When I leased on with overnight it was much better. Now that everyone is turning union I run into more buttheads than anything.

If Union is so much better why is it people are so meaner?

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
When people don't have much protection, they stick together. When everyone's got a roof over their head, they become an individual again.

raceanoncr

Why is it that when you become union everyone turns into :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:s? Overnight wasnt like this. When I leased on with overnight it was much better. Now that everyone is turning union I run into more buttheads than anything.

You obviously know how much better you had it. You were really tight with Overnite, weren't you? So tight, you overlooked their spelling, perhaps?

Well, as can be seen with union members being buttheads, I am one. How can you tell? Well, for one thing, pointing out your obvious mispelling of your adopted lease company.

Oh, by the way, try talking to your, as of yet, non-union, company drivers as to how they feel about you being "leased" on. See if they will become your best buds.

One of the biggest reasons for us going union was to limit or do away with owner operators and subcontractors.

That did not happen, like the majority wanted. And you said you "leased on" So I am assuming you fall into that category and are taking some heat becuase they see you as taking work from them.

ImpactedTSG

Well, as can be seen with union members being buttheads, I am one. How can you tell? Well, for one thing, pointing out your obvious mispelling of your adopted lease company.
I tried, but I just cannot resist. You try to bust someones balls about spelling, then MISSPELL the word MISSPELLING. Here's yer sign.

satellitedriver

I tried, but I just cannot resist. You try to bust someones balls about spelling, then MISSPELL the word MISSPELLING. Here's yer sign.
Man, no one can get a grammatical break in this joint.
Point out all the flaws in my present, latter and former sentence, professor.
I could resist, but I didn't.
Should I point out your grammatical errors?

ImpactedTSG

Man, no one can get a grammatical break in this joint.
Point out all the flaws in my present, latter and former sentence, professor.
I could resist, but I didn't.
Should I point out your grammatical errors?
I don't mind if you point out grammatical errors I make. In fact, I encourage it. I am always willing to correct my mistakes. Should I revisit some of your past posts for errors? I'm not trying to start a grammar war.

Now seriously, you have to admit it was quite ironic that he was pointing out someones misspelling and spelled misspelling incorrectly. There a ton of spelling mistakes that go unchallenged, but that one was too good to pass up.

raceanoncr

I don't mind if you point out grammatical errors I make. In fact, I encourage it. I am always willing to correct my mistakes. Should I revisit some of your past posts for errors? I'm not trying to start a grammar war.

Now seriously, you have to admit it was quite ironic that he was pointing out someones misspelling and spelled misspelling incorrectly. There a ton of spelling mistakes that go unchallenged, but that one was too good to pass up.

Let's see here..."There a ton of spelling mistakes...". Should we go on?

If you'll notice in my initial post on this thread that I admitted to being a "butthead", the thread starter called all union people.

If you'll also notice, he was leased on to Overnite and seemed pretty close to them. If so, you'd think he'd get the name right before he starts bashing everybody else, huh? To me, the "MISSPELLING" of mispelling was quite different than getting the NAME of the company wrong, but obviously, you want to pick at something else, so knock yourself out! Pick on me all you want.

Fredless

APWA Hater

Stop taking bargaining unit work and we'll stop being meanie-heads.

Go to work for C.R. England or SWIFT and make your money there.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I believe that it is not people turniong into something else, it is the changes that have people a little uncomfortable and this is a defense mechanism that humans have to keep people at a safe distance until they figure the situation out...Give it time and try to be understansing....

U(s)PS Guy

You obviously know how much better you had it. You were really tight with Overnite, weren't you? So tight, you overlooked their spelling, perhaps?

Oh, by the way, try talking to your, as of yet, non-union, company drivers as to how they feel about you being "leased" on. See if they will become your best buds.

I could tell by the fact that you acted exactly as he said union workers act.

raceanoncr

I could tell by the fact that you acted exactly as he said union workers act.

OK, I'll bite! Let's see now, who was it that started out saying, (not exact quote, now so don't bash me on this too) "...once everyone becomes union then you become CENSORED, CENSORED, CENSORED"?

Who else but the union basher had to be censored here? Go ahead, lash out at the original BUTTHEAD, here again------ME!!!

U(s)PS Guy

*sigh*

you're like a kid that hangs out people from a "bad crowd" then get upset when someone associates you with them. it's not worth explaining to you.

PS - I am not saying that union people are a "bad crowd" before someone takes that the wrong way...calm down folks

upsdude

I was once accused of “Hanging out with the wrong crowd”. Everything was cool until it was discovered that I was the wrong crowd.

The Mook

I think that you are right. People put a defense when change is afoot. I think it is also fair to assume that when people don't understand certain subjects tend to lash out in anger as a way to cope with the change. It will ease into its own mold in time and all will be as it should. Me? I love my union and represent it well.

Also, WHO is rude? Other Union members? Customers? Competition?

Guaranteed 8

Brothers first!
Rude? Before we became Teamsters, I had to rush around and treat the customers like they barely existed. Now, I have no fear of retaliation, if I am just a bit slower than in the past. I am guaranteed and I will work no matter what. (as long as there is enough freight) A fair days work for a fair days pay!:peaceful:

dingo52

in regards to the original post....

as a dispatch supervisor I noticed quite a change when my terminal went union. Some of the drivers were all about the union, some guys hated the idea and some just didnt care. On the management side it meant no more slap on the wrist when they did something wrong, we had to have a paper trail so there were a lot more write ups to be issued. It wasnt because we were mad at the drivers, it was because we had to protect ourselves. It caused some of the drivers to hate managememt, the other half understood and did theor job correctly to avoid corrective action. I dont think it was the actual going union that made everyone flip out, it was the change in the way things were run.