Runner Gunner Driving a Car for Days with Diesel Fuel Leak

FilingBluesFL

So today one of our new cover driver runner gunners came up today, and showed me how he had residue and a film all over his windshield from leaking diesel fuel.

"What do you mean, leaking diesel fuel?"

RG "Look at the ground, it's got a puddle of diesel fuel all over it. I've been driving it for days, and yesterday I started getting light headed and feeling bad from all the fumes, it's blowing this **** all over and getting on the exhaust and smoking like crazy."

There was literally a pool of diesel fuel underneath the front of the car...

"Wait... so you've been driving this package car... for days... with leaking diesel fuel... and you're going to take it out today AGAIN, just like it's been, leaking diesel fuel and all..."

RG "Well, what am I supposed to do? I wrote it up, and it's still not fixed... and I gotta go."

"You can't leave with that thing leaking fuel, dude. You're gonna go up in flames if that catches fire. You need to get another package car..."

RG "I DON'T HAVE TIME TO GET ANOTHER CAR, I GOTTA GO, I GOTTA GET IT DONE!"

The things these people say anymore, putting their personal safety and well being last just to "Get It Done."

Management said "You're going to have to take that car out since you didn't bring it to our attention sooner."

Absolutely Amazing.

SmithBarney

I remember driving back a gasser that was literally dumping fuel out the back the whole way... didn't know till I got to the gas pumps... then promptly parked it in front of the mechanic bay...

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I had a truck blow a line, and shoot diesel all over my shoes no more than 10 minutes after leaving the hub. Got rid of my airs and had a good day! Some guys will do anything to get done early.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's crazy...this job is not worth your life.
33630991.jpg

Integrity

Binge Poster
So today one of our new cover driver runner gunners came up today, and showed me how he had residue and a film all over his windshield from leaking diesel fuel.

RG "Look at the ground, it's got a puddle of diesel fuel all over it. I've been driving it for days, and yesterday I started getting light headed and feeling bad from all the fumes, it's blowing this **** all over and getting on the exhaust and smoking like crazy."

"Wait... so you've been driving this package car... for days... with leaking diesel fuel... and you're going to take it out today AGAIN, just like it's been, leaking diesel fuel and all..."

RG "Well, what am I supposed to do? I wrote it up, and it's still not fixed... and I gotta go."

"You can't leave with that thing leaking fuel, dude. You're gonna go up in flames if that catches fire. You need to get another package car..."

The things these people say anymore, putting their personal safety and well being last just to "Get It Done."

Management said "You're going to have to take that car out since you didn't bring it to our attention sooner."

Absolutely Amazing.
FilingBluesFL,

This is an environmental violation as well.

The person you are referring to doesn't appear to care about himself or others. He also doesn't know how to do his job because it is common knowledge that you are not allowed to drive a vehicle known to be leaking fuel.

Sincerely,
I

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Diesel fuel will not ignite on a hot engine. I will smell terrible, but it won't go up in flames

Perhaps but it is still a safety and environmental issue which needs to be addressed immediately. You certainly don't take a pkg car with a known issue such as this on road for 8-10 hours. The driver most definitely should have written it up but, since he didn't, why didn't the car washers or whomever parked the pkg car notice the leak and notify mgt?

bbsam

Staff member
Perhaps but it is still a safety and environmental issue which needs to be addressed immediately. You certainly don't take a pkg car with a known issue such as this on road for 8-10 hours. The driver most definitely should have written it up but, since he didn't, why didn't the car washers or whomever parked the pkg car notice the leak and notify mgt?
I agree. Just tamping down some of the hysteria.
I

Johney

Absolutely Amazing.

????