Running routes

brostalss

Back in the day when I was utility, if you were put on a route you didn't know our center manager would say You'll know it after today.

Today a utility driver says they don't know the route, they get to go home.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had the same bid job the 9 years I was in PC. I guess I had been there 4 or 5 years. Came to work one day and they told me I'd be doing a different route that day. I told them they were making a big mistake. They didn't believe me. They never did that :censored2: again.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Here cover drivers pick based on seniority routes that they have ran previously. The center must be notified in advance, someone's desire to run a new route.

It's pretty good until you realize management sucks at managing and the greviances are just a show-and-tell. Covers run routes blind all the time still.
Blind? Ain't nobody blind with the sweet maps we got now

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had the same bid job the 9 years I was in PC. I guess I had been there 4 or 5 years. Came to work one day and they told me I'd be doing a different route that day. I told them they were making a big mistake. They didn't believe me. They never did that :censored2: again.
We had a guy like that. Said they threw him on a non 911 route blind with no route book.

Said he called in at lunch and had done 4 of 55 stops. They didn't do that to him
Again. Lol

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Back in the day when I was utility, if you were put on a route you didn't know our center manager would say You'll know it after today.

Today a utility driver says they don't know the route, they get to go home.
LOL I wish that were true. I’d had alot of extra vacations.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Said he called in at lunch and had done 4 of 55 stops. They didn't do that to him
Again. Lol
This happened almost 40 years ago, before a lot of technology available today. I only ran a few stops, drove around lost a lot. Finally broke off and did all the pickups. Brought back 40-50 stops or so. I'm sure whoever made the decision to put a guy with 90% residential onto an industrial route regretted it later. lol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you are a country driver can they make you run a metro route cause i had to run one in the blind today
giphy-1.gif