Running routes

542thruNthru

How do you learn your routes when your out blind? GPS the whole way?

You go out and do your best. You're paid by the hour not by how quickly you do the route.

I've never used GPS and have went out blind of more then 50 routes. Some days they would have to send me help but most I would get it done.

They want to send me out blind then it's their fault if I fail.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You go out and do your best. You're paid by the hour not by how quickly you do the route.

I've never used GPS and have went out blind of more then 50 routes. Some days they would have to send me help but most I would get it done.

They want to send me out blind then it's their fault if I fail.
you got GPS on your phone

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
The MapNav works awesome when you're out blind. Just stay a street ahead from the one you're on. Hit MapNav on your way back from a stop, within 10 seconds you have turn by turn and a crappy map. The more condensed the route the more help the MapNav is, especially with grid work because you can just look at the map quickly and never have to perform a back.
I talk to myself all day when I'm out cold "right on phillips left on on Rodeo 873 and 134."
Abbreviate and repeat the highest numbered adressed and lowest on the street you're about to hit. Do the first number you see then work the board in the correct sequence from there. I've learned when you're out cold the first time you see an address in your board you don't ever pass it. Stop and do it asap. You don't want to be down a long dirt road that only has addresses facing the entrance and you've already passed stops, especially in the dark. This will require organization all day, by lunch my load is literally in perfect HIN order so I never have to dig.
Can have NO doubt in your mind that you can do it, zero. No anxiety, none of that crap, it took me a good while to get to that point but now I walk in and I literally dgaf which route I'm doing. It all pays the same, some stuff is fast some stuff is slow. Some days are smooth as silk, some days are hard. You just man up and go get your job done, you're a professional package driver.