Rural Deferment

shaco

The Demon Jester
Curios if its just my center or if anyone else has been seeing this happen.

One of the trucks at my work place is literally just rural stuff that is being held at the center for an extra day to save some coin. All packages except early AM's. (next day air's and 2nd day air's get shoved in there as well lol) been going on for a month or two now.

It's kind of funny I saw another Preloader in there trying to find their own crap because their house is on the deferment dude was looking for a needle in a haystack I mean this truck was packed full top to bottom.

shaco

The Demon Jester
Along with this change, Carol is also dropping the word service from the companies properties.
Worldwide Services will be just Worldwide frome now on.
United Parcel Service will be just United Parcel.

eae.jpg

Cheesypurpletees

Curios if its just my center or if anyone else has been seeing this happen.

One of the trucks at my work place is literally just rural stuff that is being held at the center for an extra day to save some coin. All packages except early AM's. (next day air's and 2nd day air's get shoved in there as well lol) been going on for a month or two now.

It's kind of funny I saw another Preloader in there trying to find their own crap because their house is on the deferment dude was looking for a needle in a haystack I mean this truck was packed full top to bottom.

Our Monday’s have been much lighter than the rest of the week. I’ve theorized volume being held back as well

dudebro

I like it when people say "volume is being held back". Where, exactly? A full package car in a couple of buildings doesn't add up to what people are saying.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Where is the union with this remote delivery? So easy with today's technology to create an customer awareness campaign.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
I like it when people say "volume is being held back". Where, exactly? A full package car in a couple of buildings doesn't add up to what people are saying.
We fill up an entire trailer of stuff being held for the next day …fudging numbers at its finest 😎

DOK

Some have said volume can be throttled back as packages travel through our system, in the same way they can sped up during peak.

rod

Retired 22 years
The Union always told us that the Company has the right to ruin their own business. Not much can be done about their brainless actions.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The Union always told us that the Company has the right to ruin their own business. Not much can be done about their brainless actions.
Easy now via social media to create customer awareness. Is your delivery purposely being delayed?

shaco

The Demon Jester
Our Monday’s have been much lighter than the rest of the week. I’ve theorized volume being held back as well
sheesh man on Mondays they only have around 8 people working where I am.. I am loading a quarter miles worth of trucks...

then Tuesday through Friday we have the full 30 to 40 something workers. Saturday same as Monday.

dudebro

sheesh man on Mondays they only have around 8 people working where I am.. I am loading a quarter miles worth of trucks...

then Tuesday through Friday we have the full 30 to 40 something workers. Saturday same as Monday.
That's because there are really 5 days worth of work, and we do half Saturday and half Monday.

dudebro

They haven't working on this for a while
You wouldn't have the trailers to do what you guys think UPS can do. You'd need 500 trailers hiding somewhere to get to a million packages. And that's just 5% of total volume for one day. If you had days of volume in the system, you're talking thousands of trailers. It's not possible to take in customer volume and "adjust" it company wide. What gets picked up has to be delivered.

You wouldn't have the trailers to do what you guys think UPS can do. You'd need 500 trailers hiding somewhere to get to a million packages. And that's just 5% of total volume for one day. If you had days of volume in the system, you're talking thousands of trailers. It's not possible to take in customer volume and "adjust" it company wide. What gets picked up has to be delivered.
What about the DELV trailer?
It's not all Sure post