Rural Deferment

dudebro

Why do they hold back volume though? When ppl say “to hit their numbers” wouldn’t that mean getting it done sooner?
Let's say Wed is your heaviest day and you'd need 50 routes, but the rest of the week you need 48 routes.

You'd want to find a way to level the entire week out (pull Wed forward to Tues or defer it to Thursday, then, do the same w Tues and Thurs to Mon and Fri.

This way you need to staff for 48 routes all week instead of the peak day of 50, saving two benefits packages. That's the cheapest way to deliver all the stops, plus, the more consistent you can make the geography, the more every driver is in their comfort zone.

Cowboy Mac

We’re going to see. I know my local is good at defending seniority violations. We’re starting Deferred Delivery soon. 10 routes will be run just 3 days a week. Those high seniority drivers —some who haven’t done another route in many years—will be fighting for the few open routes on the deferred days. We’ll see how our mgmt team defines “seniority” …
If you’re in the Southern I would file for 2 hours penalty pay every day I wasn’t on my bid route. Show me the Article in the contract called Deferred Delivery.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Been doing Deferred delivery at my center since April/May. All it really does is piss off the farmers that we deliver to who have to wait an extra day for important deliveries and piss off the drivers who end up being dispatched 12-14hrs the day after their route was deferred.

Back in the day I loved rural defer run everything all week than on Friday skip all the runners I’am at the bar early

DOK

We’re going to see. I know my local is good at defending seniority violations. We’re starting Deferred Delivery soon. 10 routes will be run just 3 days a week. Those high seniority drivers —some who haven’t done another route in many years—will be fighting for the few open routes on the deferred days. We’ll see how our mgmt team defines “seniority” …
How routes total in your center?