Safe driving pin

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Laura Slawter, Mar 14, 2019 at 3:19 AM.

1. But you still get a pin...

2. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

lol, I actually did look. I'm missing year 3 as well. Out of 34 years, I'm missing 8 or 9.
    IMG_3185.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

My last pin I gave to a kid on-route. He had surgery, something with his back. Five years old. You would have think I had given him gold he was so happy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. That was very nice of you.

5. I'll trade you a pin for a good old fashioned leather belt that we used to get. Not this fake garbage we have now.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 4:49 PM
  6. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

This. When my son was very young, I'd pin it on his shirt when he was going to school, never to see it again.
    Now I dump the award box in the closest trash barrel, it's not worth carrying out of the building.

7. They also stole all of my years of service awards.

SOB

8. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Those things were stout! Must have been 1/4" thick. I probably could have retired with the first one I was issued, except, I went into feeders and outgrew it.

9. Yeet

Yeet Member

I wish they would make 1/2 year safe driving pins so I could actually get one. Pretty sure I did that once...

10. They was good belts. They are plastic garbage now, especially wearing the DIAD pouches

11. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

Usually people get paid for advertising/promoting something. Maybe you guys can wrap your cars in ups livery!!!!

12. rod

rod retired and happy

That's not even the right pin is it? It don't look like any safe driving pin I have.

13. rod

rod retired and happy

14. Shouldn't that be a Mercury dime?

15. rod

rod retired and happy

I've got GOOD collection of those too

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 5:13 PM
  16. No 16D or 21 P&D?

17. rod

rod retired and happy

Clean your ears out --I said GOOD

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 5:16 PM
  18. rod

rod retired and happy

00A67060-5D19-467B-AE53-FA4D832F7D53.jpeg

19. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

Penny slots time

20. rod

rod retired and happy

One year I did spend a COMPLETE (at that time) Roosevelt dime collection at the County Fair on the crane machines