Safety Audit/Ketter question?

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
There is a difference between rising to a challenge and making a decision not to waste one's time with meaningless, feel-good word games. I am an adult, not a 5th grader.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Me and some loaders were joking during break about how much drivers make and how unhappy they seem to be with their jobs, one guy even said it was drivers bitching that motivated him to do well in school so he wouldn't have to become one. We talked about the things we'd be willing to do to make what a top-rate driver does top suggestions were "For that much you can make me..." Wear a ballerina outfit, call the sup "Daddy", walk the packages to their destination, etc. and any combination of them. We never dreamed that somewhere drivers are getting upset about having to answer safety questions on the clock.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Me and some loaders were joking during break about how much drivers make and how unhappy they seem to be with their jobs, one guy even said it was drivers bitching that motivated him to do well in school so he wouldn't have to become one. We talked about the things we'd be willing to do to make what a top-rate driver does top suggestions were "For that much you can make me..." Wear a ballerina outfit, call the sup "Daddy", walk the packages to their destination, etc. and any combination of them. We never dreamed that somewhere drivers are getting upset about having to answer safety questions on the clock.
You guys sure know how to kill 10 min.....lol

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
After a ten hour day the last thing I want to do is the DOK. I just want to get home and be with my family for a little while. UPS eats up so much of our time forgive me if I sound a little whiney about an extra ten minutes.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Have heard plenty about those fictitious ketter people. Never had them come to the building. We just hear they are about 100 miles away today. Never seem to head north enough. If they ever do ----I will work late that night.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
How many hours a day do you play box monkey?
Usually between 5 to 5.5. Most box monkeys have more than one job. I work 8 hours a day at a water treatment plant. I generally clock in there at 7am and clock out at UPS between 10 and 10:30pm. The guy who loads the trailer next to mine works at an auto garage during the day. Same story for him.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Usually between 5 to 5.5. Most box monkeys have more than one job. I work 8 hours a day at a water treatment plant. I generally clock in there at 7am and clock out at UPS between 10 and 10:30. The guy who loads the trailer next to mine works at an auto garage during the day. Same story for him.
No kidding, all us box monkeys have 2nd jobs.....but play box monkey for 10 or 11 hours a day...then see how you'd like to be kept "after school" to answer inane questions they ask us once a week. Local sort starts at 5pm? Hmmm..thought it started after 6.

DILLIGAF1

It was not a condition of my hiring to know the answers to their questions. My BA told me we don't have to give the answers verbatim but need to be able to show I have a good understanding of the answers. My SUPE told me that she must find five things wrong with me on my annual ride and they can't be the same as anything on the last three rides. When I was hired there was only three rule to backing and AGKLM. UPS tries to make everything air tight, hence the questions you are talking about, if you do anything wrong it's covered and they can blame it on you.

bitter to the bone

Oh Yeah UpstateNYUPSER, you attack my post. Why don't you go back and attack Sober's HUH?????? I think your just a cyber bully is all

Last edited:

bitter to the bone

There is a difference between rising to a challenge and making a decision not to waste one's time with meaningless, feel-good word games. I am an adult, not a 5th grader.

Sent using BrownCafe App
This is the post of whick I was refering NY Have a nice day

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Somehow I can't picture you running to the restroom just to avoid a Keter auditor.
I walked to the restroom to take a leak, and exited via a different door so as to avoid wasting time regurgitating acronyms.

It was a win/win; I got to go home to my family 15 minutes earlier and the auditor got to bother someone else who undoubtedly scored better on the test than I would have.

Sent using BrownCafe App