Safety Compliance.

tieguy

Banned
and someone is stuck in molasses swamp and thinks he has won the game.

actually on a message board like a boxing ring its the ultimate sign of victory. Sober has been getting beat so bad that you and others here have started jumping into the conversation trying to help him out. When that happens the win does go to me. If he was clearly beating me in this little exchange then there would be no reason for three different posters jumping in to help him out. would there?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Its hard to blame a management person for enthusiastically supporting the official company line. They have a responsibility to the company and the shareholders to maintain a certain image and a core philosophy.

Its really sad, though, when they actually start believing the stuff they are required to say.

tieguy

Banned
Its hard to blame a management person for enthusiastically supporting the official company line. They have a responsibility to the company and the shareholders to maintain a certain image and a core philosophy.

Its really sad, though, when they actually start believing the stuff they are required to say.

I believe you badmouthed ups for not modifying a vehicle and then did the same thing and made the same excuses with your personal vehicle.

I believe you badmouthed ups's training program while training your daughter with the same material.

Ups did not tell me this you told me this.

soberups

Sober the fact remains the company gave you some reasons they felt were good reasons as to why they did not do the modification.

You refused to accept those reasons and yet think I'm supposed to accept your excuses as to why you did not apply the same standard at home that you expected at work.

You're just digging your hole deeper with each post.

Incorrect.

The only reason the company has ever offered for refusing to upgrade to 3-point belts is that it is "against company policy" to modify the vehicle in any way.

Not only is this circular logic, but it is an untrue statement since the company has never had an issue with installing trailer hitches, DVR's, aftermarket seatbelts with Telematics sensors, etc.

We are not talking about modifying vehicles here. We are talking about installing factory-approved OEM belts into vehicles that were designed to accept them.

I am unaware of any further improvements that I could make to my daughters Volvo. It came equipped with the industry-standard 3 pt belts, airbags, and antilock brakes.

Unlike UPS, I did not have these features intentionally deleted. And unlike a 15 yr old UPS truck with a lap belt, the 15 yr old car I bought my daughter far exceeds 2009 safety standards and OEM legal requirments for new cars. You could sell it as a new car today.

On the other hand it would be illegal to manufacture a 1989 package car today. They are only allowed on the road because they met the bare minumum standard for vehicles of that model year and are thus "grandfathered" in.

As I documented in another thread, the 1996 International P-1000's were designed from the factory with the mounting point for the 3 pt belt, but this feature was deleted up until the final day that it was legal for UPS to do so. The very next day, on the same assmbly line, they started bolting on the 3-pointers to comply with the law.

So again, we arent talking about "modifying" anything. We are only talking about restoring OEM features that were intentionally deleted, but which the vehicle was designed to have.

Last edited:

soberups

You're just digging your hole deeper with each post.

That hole is the grave of someone who is simply incapable of comprehending the fact that he is trying to defend an indefensible postion.

That hole is the grave of someone who continues to beat his head into the wall of reality and still insists that it is the wall that is bleeding.

And that hole is the grave of someone who has parroted the official company line for so long that he is actually starting to believe some of the stuff he is saying because he has lost the ability to think for himself and question what he is told.

So how much deeper should I keep digging?

soberups

I dont use it on certain posters simply because of my sense of morbid curiousity. Its the same impulse we all feel when we drive by a car wreck and cant help but to look even though we know that we will be looking at something that is sad, pathetic and a bit gross. The eye is drawn to it anyway.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Ladies and Gentleman, we now go to the score cards.:wink2: I'm deducting points from sober, due to his failure to install satellite radio in his daughters car.:happy-very:

On a lighter note, I know I've said before that my daughters have helped me with the DOK questions. Today while driving, I was stopped at a red light. When the light changed I said I'm looking left, right, left, to which my daughter replied, oh yeah Daddy, scan don't scare......LOL.:surprised: As my youngest was getting ready to retrieve the frisbee that had flown into the street, she stops at the end of the driveway and yells out, I'm looking left, right, left. I'm so proud of my girls.:happy2:

P

pickup

I get those points back. Wanna see a copy of my Sirius bill?

I'm proxy posting for tie guy , he couldn't make the debate tonight and our teacher assigned me his side of the argument, here I go: Oh , so you spend money on frivolous things like satellite radio, but your wallet is closed when it comes to upgrading the safety features of that deathtrap you gave your daughter. Don't you think that money is better served on a safety feature like on star? Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't tell you how to spend your money. Just like you have no business telling U.P.S. how to spend their money

soberups

I'm proxy posting for tie guy , he couldn't make the debate tonight and our teacher assigned me his side of the argument, here I go: Oh , so you spend money on frivolous things like satellite radio, but your wallet is closed when it comes to upgrading the safety features of that deathtrap you gave your daughter. Don't you think that money is better served on a safety feature like on star? Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't tell you how to spend your money. Just like you have no business telling U.P.S. how to spend their money

You have his style down pretty good but it just isnt the same without the blue font he uses. And I doubt he roots for the Mets, with a mentality like his he could only be a Yankees fan.

P

pickup

You have his style down pretty good but it just isnt the same without the blue font he uses. And I doubt he roots for the Mets, with a mentality like his he could only be a Yankees fan.

All the way in oregon, and yet you know the yankee fan so well. The yankees this year could lose 100 games this season, arod could get arrested and convicted as a serial killer and it could be proven that the rest of the team is on steroids. The typical yankee fan's response to this and any other bad news "Twenty six world championships, twenty six world championships...... Repeat, repeat , repeat and until the bitterness of another lost season is forgotten. Then have your gm go out in the winter season and overpay more free agent over the hill players to come play for the yankees and build up that false hope until the primadonna yankees find a way to underperform and blow another season. "Twenty six world championships, twenty six....."

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
OUCH!

All the way in oregon, and yet you know the yankee fan so well. The yankees this year could lose 100 games this season, arod could get arrested and convicted as a serial killer and it could be proven that the rest of the team is on steroids. The typical yankee fan's response to this and any other bad news "Twenty six world championships, twenty six world championships...... Repeat, repeat , repeat and until the bitterness of another lost season is forgotten. Then have your gm go out in the winter season and overpay more free agent over the hill players to come play for the yankees and build up that false hope until the primadonna yankees find a way to underperform and blow another season. "Twenty six world championships, twenty six....."

DOUBLE OUCH!!!

soberups

All the way in oregon, and yet you know the yankee fan so well. ....

There are a few refugees from New Yoik out here, they like to drink cwoffey and woik their dwogs and twalk real loud about theah beloved Yankees.

When they bring up the 26 woyld championships, I always ask if they have won one yet this century. I always get a doity lwook in retoin. If I really want to get a rise out of them I tell 'em I am a Red Sahx fan....