Safety Concerns

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our DVIR's are two pages per day--- we turn in the yellow copy and the white one stays in the book. The shop has to give us a new book when needed and will keep the old one on file.

Sent using BrownCafe App

White Line

That's why I like the new DVIR's they gave us in linehaul, they are three pages, the white copy (goes to dispatch) the yellow copy (goes to shop) and the pink copy is ours, and has slots for all equipment numbers, tractor, trailers, and dollies and boxes you check for all defects, no pictures necessary, if the shop tries to pull a fast one saying that they never got a DVIR so therefore there must have never been a write up that's when you show them the pink copy and say yeah it was.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's why I like the new DVIR's they gave us in linehaul, they are three pages, the white copy (goes to dispatch) the yellow copy (goes to shop) and the pink copy is ours, and has slots for all equipment numbers, tractor, trailers, and dollies and boxes you check for all defects, no pictures necessary, if the shop tries to pull a fast one saying that they never got a DVIR so therefore there must have never been a write up that's when you show them the pink copy and say yeah it was.

You'd be surprised how many drivers don't do proper pre-trips and just check boxes on the VIR....dumb.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You'd be surprised how many drivers don't do proper pre-trips and just check boxes on the VIR....dumb.
That's because the managers won't give people enough time. By the time most people have the oil dipstick out of the engine, the managers already have the belt started.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Before they settle any lawsuit involving this current accident they have dig deep into their coffers to settle that tobacco lawsuit too. Does anyone know if those FDX Freight trucks (or any trucks in our fleet) have a black box? I was told the new Mercedes models maybe outfitted with one.

You should always do your job with the assumption that everything you do is there for all to see.