Sales leads

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Why would I try and talk to customers about bringing there business to ups.......what am I going to say.....some days we may not be able to make the pickup before you close.......the delivery may be there by 5 if not maybe you'll get it tomorrow........and then try and explain that ups can only put out so many routes in a day to make there numbers,and say maybe tomorrow you'll get your delivery or pickup.......just venting....what are the qualities they look for in management no business experience or knowledge

Foamer Pyle

You make a very valid point. I don't ever turn in sales leads, unless someone approaches me. I am tired of getting home at 8:30 or 9pm every night, and the dealing with the threats when you file the 9.5 grievance. I have been doing this job for 26 years now, and I can tell you this company has turned into a turd. The new guys have no idea what this company used to be like to work for. I guess that is a plus. If you don't know what you used to have, it can't hurt.

Limper

Out For Delivery
The only valid argument I've heard for turning in sales
leads is the "protect your pension, protect your future". But considering the amount of money management has spent on the Orion train wreck, why bother.

Box Ox

leads is the "protect your pension, protect your future". But considering the amount of money management has spent on the Orion train wreck, why bother.

Yep. Hard to want to build the business on one end while corporate wrecking balls it from the other. We shouldn't be expected to make up the difference for terrible decisions and their consequences when corporate never wanted our input or opinion in the first place.

JL 0513

Give us 15 min allowance a day to seek leads. Then maybe I might. I don't know if theirs a time code for leads but I imagine it's only if you actually get one. As long as I keep getting slack about going over once in a while, then hell no. Not talking to anyone.

box_beeyotch

Give us 15 m allowance a day to seek leads. Then maybe I might. I don't know if theirs a time code for leads but I imagine it's only if you actually get one. As long as I keep getting slack about going over once in a while, then hell no. Not talking to anyone.

Or you could just so it and be even more over and let them continue to complain more because it's funny.

Whenever management or sales asks me why I haven't turned in a sales lead I tell them "I've got too much work already". They can't argue with me about that so they just walk away.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I am a service provider. If you want sales, please press 3 and a sales representative will be with you when ever he damn well pleases.

542thruNthru

I have never turned in a sales lead but the sales lady in our center is nice. She knows we don't want to talk to these people. She just asks us to snap a pic of the label of a outgoing fedex package at any stop we might see and txt it to her.

A few people do it and she always gives them the credit for anything that works out. They like it because they do nothing but snap a pic and send it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

If people wanted to protect their pensions, they'd work every day. There would be no such thing as RLO's, you wouldn't see the same guys walking out the door 2 minutes after the PCM every other day.

UPS will be just fine without your sales lead. They actually pay people to go out and find business for them. Crazy, right?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Don't bother with sales leads after 2 sales leads I submitted were tagged as bad only to find out two weeks later a driver had started doing daily pickups there.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sales Leads? No time for that Jack. Some pea brain in Atlanta is looking at a report.

Let them hire a sales staff.

JL 0513

Question (since we aren't trained on anything and it's a hassle to grab a sup for a minute):

How do you even handle/process a sales lead? And what credit/"reward" do you get?

Had a guy at a residential stop ask if UPS does home P/U accounts. First time I have ever been asked and realized no one has ever trained me on what to do so all I could do is refer him to 1-800-pickups.