salt lake city Utah starting pay 15$ a hour

Blackstream

WoW! Are they right to work?
Why is the company offering more than the teamsters can negotiate for?
Last contract was over a year of negotiations and changed like 1% of the wording haha

Well at the portland hub, that got offered because we were literally losing people faster than we could hire them, no one wanted to work at our :censored2:ty hub.

So I assume that either

A) The Salt Lake Hub is expected to be similar so they're just preempting things.
B) The hub is just in the same general area that all the other $15 hikes happened, so they had to include it too (I heard it was PNW in general, I dunno how many hubs got that increase).
C) UPS is fully expecting the contract to have a $15 starting wage come next contract anyways, and they really want to fill up that hub fast and it makes them look good to advertise a $15 starting wage.

BigBrown1234

Well at the portland hub, that got offered because we were literally losing people faster than we could hire them, no one wanted to work at our :censored2:ty hub.

So I assume that either

A) The Salt Lake Hub is expected to be similar so they're just preempting things.
B) The hub is just in the same general area that all the other $15 hikes happened, so they had to include it too (I heard it was PNW in general, I dunno how many hubs got that increase).
C) UPS is fully expecting the contract to have a $15 starting wage come next contract anyways, and they really want to fill up that hub fast and it makes them look good to advertise a $15 starting wage.

So your saying, the Teamsters had nothing to do with this?
I’m thinking that was my whole got damn point.

cachmeifucan

The minimum wage in alot of major cities is more than the minimum wage at ups in chiraq the minimum wage goes up to 12$ a hour In July 1st 2018
Starting pay at cach 10.35 a hour with 125 bonus for sunrise sort

brown_trousers

So your saying, the Teamsters had nothing to do with this?
I’m thinking that was my whole got damn point.
Yep. They increased starting pay over here to 15 a few months ago. We dont even need to negotiate this, UPS has to raise wages to get part timers in the door, or else they will have to create FT combos to do all the work

I'm definitely not going to turn this into a transfer thread... But how does one go about applying out there? I checked on the ups.com website and saw no mention of jobs out there. I know they are not open yet, but wouldn't they be trying to fill positions now???
By the way, I'm currently in Florida and would love to transfer... But our HR guy knows nothing!!

clean hairy

I'm definitely not going to turn this into a transfer thread... But how does one go about applying out there? I checked on the ups.com website and saw no mention of jobs out there. I know they are not open yet, but wouldn't they be trying to fill positions now???
By the way, I'm currently in Florida and would love to transfer... But our HR guy knows nothing!!
Is your HR guy Sgt Schultz?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I am getting calls every day to extend any shift all week. Been this way since peak ended. No one wants to work at UPS and 11/hr is frankly a joke. Could easily work 80 to 100 hrs a week, that is 40 to 60 hours at 46+/hr. Easily make more than pkg or feeders. I don't think that makes business sense.

Dritalin

I'm not sure how the transfer works, but they are definitely staffing up for the new building, 1,700 new hires this year, plus an additional 1,000 for peak. Be careful though, cost of living in Salt Lake is inflated way beyond what it normally is due to a tech boom so make sure it really makes sense for you to come out here.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
There is a center in the area that is in a resort town
they cannot hire help for the preload as the wage is too low
UPS offers bonuses and incentives to people to get them to work
How is that fair to the rest of the company employees outside of this center?

Staydryitsraining

I
There is a center in the area that is in a resort town
they cannot hire help for the preload as the wage is too low
UPS offers bonuses and incentives to people to get them to work
How is that fair to the rest of the company employees outside of this center?
Its not and UPS doesnt care. Thats a union issue not a company issue.