SALT packages leading to termination

PT Car Washer

saturdays have been the easiest days by far but are easily the worst preloads. only 150 pkgs on my route yet everything is out of order/wrong shelf/wrong truck/wrong city.

today before leaving and checking my air stops, i found an air from a city 10 miles off my route. then while on route found misloads from 10, 7 and 5 miles away. called them all in by lunch time and delivered them before getting any response. i wonder if they have been filling saturday preload positions with people standing in the median outside the gas station.
That is the way they fill the preload at my building. And every 4th one is hired as a PT sup to train the others.

DriverNerd

It isn't rare for routes with heavy pickups that start at 3pm ending at 5pm and you still have over an hour or two of deliveries left.
I had a small box slide behind a pickup piece and the only thing that kept me from going to the building was it being in my board and me seeing it earlier that day. If it's an intentional misload, that means it wouldn't be in my board, and i wouldn't have searched for it.

On Friday I had to start my pickups and I had 91 deliveries left. I filled out about half the truck and had all my deliveries squished up front. Around 8 pm I have an 8000 PAL I can not find. Is it in the truck or not? Maybe someone else had it and didn't send it in. I have no idea. Truck is brick loaded in the back half. If it was in there and management went through every package in the truck when I got back I could have been fired. My deliveries and pickups were butted up right next to each other. I did look for it, but couldn't find anything.

PPH_over_9000

Around 8 pm I have an 8000 PAL I can not find. Is it in the truck or not? Maybe someone else had it and didn't send it in. I have no idea. Truck is brick loaded in the back half. If it was in there and management went through every package in the truck when I got back I could have been fired. My deliveries and pickups were butted up right next to each other. I did look for it, but couldn't find anything.

I'm not sure if every center does this, but here they expect us to call the building for packages we can't find. Give 'em the address and tracking number and they can look up whether that package was scanned and loaded on-car. It usually only takes a minute or two and can be less of a pain in the ass then shuffling through 100's of pkgs looking for that one piece that was never loaded to begin with.

It's not fool-proof, though, as the loader may've loaded it without a scan, but it helps most of the time.

I'm not sure if every center does this, but here they expect us to call the building for packages we can't find. Give 'em the address and tracking number and they can look up whether that package was scanned and loaded on-car. It usually only takes a minute or two and can be less of a pain in the ass then shuffling through 100's of pkgs looking for that one piece that was never loaded to begin with.

It's not fool-proof, though, as the loader may've loaded it without a scan, but it helps most of the time.
We have to send a message in with the address and the last 4 of the tracking number

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Center goes crazy over missed. I guess they just try to cheese everything? I got told I could be fired for sheeting a stopped missed. Last stop of the day. Route I had never been on. Was a little rural post office with a couple packages in the back corner of my rental. Never even looked at them until I got to the stop.
You should have filed a grievance for harassment.
You can't be fired for sheeting 1 stop missed.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
On Friday I had to start my pickups and I had 91 deliveries left. I filled out about half the truck and had all my deliveries squished up front. Around 8 pm I have an 8000 PAL I can not find. Is it in the truck or not? Maybe someone else had it and didn't send it in. I have no idea. Truck is brick loaded in the back half. If it was in there and management went through every package in the truck when I got back I could have been fired. My deliveries and pickups were butted up right next to each other. I did look for it, but couldn't find anything.

You basically described my route, except sometimes the pick ups completely fill my car, and I have to drive back to the center to unload before going back out to deliver. When you get to the building, back up to the belt, and start unloading. I usually have the unloader do it while I watch and make sure he doesn't unload any of my delivery pieces.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Missed pkgs show up on the customer's tracking as "package is rescheduled to be delivered on the next business day". Not as missed delivery or service failure. Funny thing that there's no GSR.

MethodsMan

I’ve never understood why a driver would bury a package. We get paid too much money. If you’re annoyed about a misload they’re making you deliver drive around in circles for a long time acting like you can’t find the address . Take an extra hour delivering that misload. They’ll think twice about asking you to run it off next time.

Myself, I love misloads. You get to drive around and make easy money delivering a package. It’s easy money.

charm299

They got a veteran driver with this at my center last year. Gave him a fake package with an address just a couple streets from his route. He also sheeted NSN and management swarmed his PC when he returned to the building. Let’s just say he wasn’t back for a few months.
How do they know he didn’t try to deliver it and couldn’t find the house?

JJinVA

How does that work? Every time i call the center to find where another driver is, they have to look up where his last stop was.

Truck has GPS that logs every single path you took throughout the day and saves it. You can go in in the morning and look on your dispatchers screen and see an arrow path that every driver has taken on that route. Its called telematics. They know how fast you are going, how hard you hit the brakes. They know it all. Granted it saves it in the system so they may have to look it up the next day, but rest assured that they can