SALT packages leading to termination

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
would you please explain this one to me, i've had at least two separate occasions where an ORS has met me somewhere to pick up misloads. yes i'm new, just trying to understand what's going on.
They aren’t allowed to move packages.

You should be paid for the amount of time it took them to get the package from you and get it to another driver.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
sounds like you guys should know proper procedures by now.

your buddy has been screwing up. that's why they salted his load.

Overpaid Union Thug

That right there is why the people who are doing the same tasks but not making $38+ an hour are slowing down and bringing back half of the truck.

They are making less because they didn’t vote. And there are millions of Americans that would love to be making anywhere near their rate of pay with benefits.

They are making less because they didn’t vote. And there are millions of Americans that would love to be making anywhere near their rate of pay with benefits.
LOL They didn't vote because they were not Union members when the contract was ratified. $20/hr. Yippee working 12 hour days sometimes 6 days a week because they have no OT protection.

Overpaid Union Thug

LOL They didn't vote because they were not Union members when the contract was ratified. $20/hr. Yippee working 12 hour days sometimes 6 days a week because they have no OT protection.
Most of ours were union members during voting. But either way people should have no trouble performing simple tasks for the rate of pay they are getting.

barnyard

KTM rider
how does delivering these misloads affect your scheduled time allowance?
Generally speaking, they help. They really help if you add a lot of highway speed miles. If you have to go across town during heavy traffic, it will hurt. Really though, it does not matter. You are paid for all the time, those numbers are theirs and really only matter to them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

They may love to make that but they want nothing to do with what this job entails. Hell I would take almost a $15 an hour pay cut to have a consistent work load and schedule. $25 same area on the truck every day. Off by 4pm most days. Sign me up.

Last time my center went on a big hiring spree ZERO part timers wanted to drive. It took them MONTHS to get 10 applicants to fill the spots they wanted. Half quit before their 30 were up. 2 more were just way too bad to keep. The 3 that stayed? All fired or quit within 3 years.

I would not recommend this job to anyone at this time.

wht1zzfe

MISSED , not NS# , MISSED!
🧔✊
Center goes crazy over missed. I guess they just try to cheese everything? I got told I could be fired for sheeting a stopped missed. Last stop of the day. Route I had never been on. Was a little rural post office with a couple packages in the back corner of my rental. Never even looked at them until I got to the stop.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
Generally speaking, they help. They really help if you add a lot of highway speed miles. If you have to go across town during heavy traffic, it will hurt. Really though, it does not matter. You are paid for all the time, those numbers are theirs and really only matter to them.
yesterday at 4:30 i got a call from an ORS asking for my location so he could bring me some pkgs. 10 minutes later he brings me 2. one was a resi that wasn't on my route, the other was a business located on the total opposite side of the route i was on. friday 4:45pm, single lane traffic as far as the eye can see.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
oh, forgot to add that after i dropped off that business at 4:58, i returned to my previous location on the other side of town to get started on a bulk apartment stop. lo and behold after sorting 45 pkgs for 3 buildings, i find buried underneath (RDR) a single business pkg marked RDL that was less than half a mile away from the business stop i just returned from. and i had already been to that business around 11am that day and every day.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
oh, forgot to add that after i dropped off that business at 4:58, i returned to my previous location on the other side of town to get started on a bulk apartment stop. lo and behold after sorting 45 pkgs for 3 buildings, i find buried underneath (RDR) a single business pkg marked RDL that was less than half a mile away from the business stop i just returned from. and i had already been to that business around 11am that day and every day.
Man I miss those days.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I do airs and whatever dumps I have first. Then whatever bulky, freighty irregs that are blocking my isle.

That way I can touch everything and sort my truck ON the clock.

If they wanted it done differently they will say something.

But they won't....

And I'm fine with that.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
saturdays have been the easiest days by far but are easily the worst preloads. only 150 pkgs on my route yet everything is out of order/wrong shelf/wrong truck/wrong city.

today before leaving and checking my air stops, i found an air from a city 10 miles off my route. then while on route found misloads from 10, 7 and 5 miles away. called them all in by lunch time and delivered them before getting any response. i wonder if they have been filling saturday preload positions with people standing in the median outside the gas station.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
I do airs and whatever dumps I have first. Then whatever bulky, freighty irregs that are blocking my isle.

That way I can touch everything and sort my truck ON the clock.

If they wanted it done differently they will say something.

But they won't....

And I'm fine with that.

that is my entire route. i'm happy to see the inside of the back door by 2pm.