SALT packages leading to termination

Hot Carl

The new Edd no longer gives any options as far yes or no to deliver a missloads. Soft key pckg reports, select missloads, scan, send, and that’s it.
Can confirm. We rolled out Orion 3.0 this week and I had a misload today. I just sheeted it as Missed right away. I feel they want me to deliver it, they can call or message me. Otherwise, it's coming back.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
They got a veteran driver with this at my center last year. Gave him a fake package with an address just a couple streets from his route. He also sheeted NSN and management swarmed his PC when he returned to the building. Let’s just say he wasn’t back for a few months.
Instead of taking a few stops off people...

They sat around all day waiting for that moment.

Nice!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They salt in feeders too. I pulled empties to CPU's in the afternoons. They would throw a package into the trailer to make sure the drivers looked inside to be sure it was empty and clean. Their salts were just a taped up box with no address on it. Ever once in a while (several times a week) unload would miss a package or 2. I'd just set them on the unload where they would be sorted.

Est.1998

It is extremely rare for a driver to find a package, let alone a misload, after returning to the building. And to have it be a salt?

Not a good look for the driver.

Was management notified? Who instructed the driver to sheet ns#?

Enjoy your time off
It isn't rare for routes with heavy pickups that start at 3pm ending at 5pm and you still have over an hour or two of deliveries left.
I had a small box slide behind a pickup piece and the only thing that kept me from going to the building was it being in my board and me seeing it earlier that day. If it's an intentional misload, that means it wouldn't be in my board, and i wouldn't have searched for it.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Your coworker was dishonest and did not sheet it correctly. Loads are salted because management is suspicious that a driver is not sheeting misloads. He got caught. He has some time off coming.
Dumbest thing to get fired for. What’s the worst that will happen if you miss a delivery? A warning letter. If you’re lucky a free day off. Instead he’s hitting the unemployment line in a recession. Take your wrist slap and move along.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
just last saturday where i work they were auditing trucks as they pulled in. got a message around 4 that several PC's had been turned around and sent back out to deliver misloads that weren't called in. "this is a disciplinary issue". yesterday i had a misload 9 miles off my route. sent the message around 1pm, no i'm not delivering it and carried on with my route. around 4 got the message to deliver it after finishing my route. i threw it out the window. just kidding of course, drove way off route and delivered it.
I routinely drive 20 miles to deliver a misload. Easiest money I make. Just look at it like a gift from your preloader.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
another day another misload. i deliver only to town "X", misload was in another town north of mine. tried the new pkg reports, misload. no option for N(ot delivering).

got a call from the correct route driver an hour or so later to arrange a hand off.

RolloTony Brown Town

One of my fellow co workers yesterday was terminated on behalf of a SALT package that management put in his truck. The driver didn’t find it until he got back to the building later that night. He said he sheeted it up as a NS# so it had a scan on the package. Could he be terminated over doing what he did rightfully? What about the SALT package was a real delivery that was supposed to be delivered now is a service failure, does management not get any discipline over this? Btw at our center they use real packages to SALT.

Your buddy is lying to you bruh. Just like he lied to the company. That’s why he got fired. I’ve pulled enough routes and been on car with enough drivers to know that at some point in my day WHILE ON ROAD you will find any misloads at some point in your day before you get back to the center.

As an on road, if I suspect I have a driver that’s playing games, which is very rare because most drivers aren’t idiots and don’t want to get fired for being one, then I’ll throw a salt in there to see if they’ll report it. Maybe even something that’s not too far out of the way so they can deliver it too.

your friend is a dummy and a liar. If he gets his job back hopefully he learns his lesson.

no such # lol smh

Ackerlin

Situation happened today, found 2 misloads around noon, scanned and sent, message 30 minutes later to deliver when I'm done, 4pm I found 7 more, sheeted up sent in, never received an order to deliver those. Sent 2 separate diad messages to centre asking if I should deliver the other 7, never received a response to my messages. Would I have gotten disciplined if I delivered the 2, but sheeted the other 7 as missed and brought back? I delivered all 9, but I wan't to know if I was obligated to do so.