SALT packages leading to termination

Jaxsonktm

One of my fellow co workers yesterday was terminated on behalf of a SALT package that management put in his truck. The driver didn’t find it until he got back to the building later that night. He said he sheeted it up as a NS# so it had a scan on the package. Could he be terminated over doing what he did rightfully? What about the SALT package was a real delivery that was supposed to be delivered now is a service failure, does management not get any discipline over this? Btw at our center they use real packages to SALT.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
One of my fellow co workers yesterday was terminated on behalf of a SALT package that management put in his truck. The driver didn’t find it until he got back to the building later that night. He said he sheeted it up as a NS# so it had a scan on the package. Could he be terminated over doing what he did rightfully? What about the SALT package was a real delivery that was supposed to be delivered now is a service failure, does management not get any discipline over this? Btw at our center they use real packages to SALT.

it was you wasn’t it
Lying’s not gonna help

barnyard

KTM rider
Your coworker was dishonest and did not sheet it correctly. Loads are salted because management is suspicious that a driver is not sheeting misloads. He got caught. He has some time off coming.

iruhnman630

It is extremely rare for a driver to find a package, let alone a misload, after returning to the building. And to have it be a salt?

Not a good look for the driver.

Was management notified? Who instructed the driver to sheet ns#?

Enjoy your time off

GenericUsername

Sort your truck some time around 2 or 3 PM. You won't have any surprises then. Send in every misload you find and call it a day. It puts the ball in their court to take care of the misloads. If you don't hear anything back by the time you are to return to the center, return then sheet missed while in the bay. Mark them accordingly with a service cross and have a great day, lmao.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"The driver didn’t find it until he got back to the building later that night. "
Does anybody really believe that?
Driver was bringing back packages without sheeting them (dishonesty), that's why they salted his load. When he got caught he started telling lies (more dishonesty). Not looking good for your buddy.

"The driver didn’t find it until he got back to the building later that night. "
Does anybody really believe that?
Driver was bringing back packages without sheeting them (dishonesty), that's why they salted his load. When he got caught he started telling lies (more dishonesty). Not looking good for your buddy.
I agree, why would you be checking your load once you got back to the building?

Overpaid Union Thug

I wish they would do this in my center. It would put the fear into the dishonest dirtbags that cause the rest of us to waste time and sweat searching for pieces that aren’t even in the truck.

If they put a SALT on him then it’s possible they had their eye on him for rolling stops. I don’t know why so many drivers over complicate things. This job is so simple and it’s rather simple to avoid getting fired from it if people would just do what they’re supposed to do. If you find a misload all that needs to be done is a misload scan immediately followed by sheeting as missed. So simple!

Zowert

Weird this is brought up just two days after my truck was ‘randomly selected’ for SALT. I found a piece in my truck that was a good five miles off my route. I already found three other misloads for nearby routes so I was kind of tired of paging them in. I set it aside since it was just a resi I made it my lost stop on the way in to center. They called me into the office yesterday to let me know, gave me a little grief for no misload page but since I delivered it I didn’t get into any trouble.

If you find a misload, or ten, just page it in. If it’s a business and you feel you’re not going to be able to break route to make it then you can always select ‘no’ when it asks if you can deliver it. Then it’s on them to send a shuttle to grab it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Weird this is brought up just two days after my truck was ‘randomly selected’ for SALT. I found a piece in my truck that was a good five miles off my route. I already found three other misloads for nearby routes so I was kind of tired of paging them in. I set it aside since it was just a resi I made it my lost stop on the way in to center. They called me into the office yesterday to let me know, gave me a little grief for no misload page but since I delivered it I didn’t get into any trouble.

If you find a misload, or ten, just page it in. If it’s a business and you feel you’re not going to be able to break route to make it then you can always select ‘no’ when it asks if you can deliver it. Then it’s on them to send a shuttle to grab it.
They used a real package for a SALT? They don't do that around here for obvious reasons. Usually an out of center address on an empty box.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
When did you get back to the building? Was the pkg a bus or resi? Just go run the damn thing if you have time. I had this exact scenario come up a few weeks ago where I had a box that was identical to an outbound box that I picked up earlier in the day.
When I got to the dock to toss my 5-6 pieces of outbound on the belt I found it. Walked right into the office with the pkg and said “I just found a misload lumped in with my ob, I’m gonna go run it.”
They said “ok”
Got back at 10:15, made some easy ot, kept my job safe, never heard a word about it again

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Moral of the story: I sort my truck all day, have been doing this for 3 years now and stay extremely organized 90% of the time. I still screw up keeping track of 500+ pkgs every once in a while, it’s gonna happen. The difference is that I am honest and take my job seriously and don’t break the rules. These scenarios will come up constantly throughout our career, and if you work honest, you have nothing to worry about. We deliver pkgs. It’s our job.