SALT packages leading to termination

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They got a veteran driver with this at my center last year. Gave him a fake package with an address just a couple streets from his route. He also sheeted NSN and management swarmed his PC when he returned to the building.

That's like one of the oldest tricks in the book, for management.

They were tracking the driver all day.... just waiting to see what he/she would do.

Burning missloads is a poosay :censored2: move.

"Look at that.... a 2nd Day air just sitting there on the dock. I'll take it and make service @ the end of the day."

One of the oldest tricks in the book, for a veteran driver.

You can't make a habit of it....

;)

-Bug-

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Well they tell us not to sheet them missed until the end of the day
They tell us the same thing,I send it in during the day missed because heads explode over a missed piece. They will then send me 5 or 6 messages to go back and void the package. I either tell them A) i dont have time right this second to do so, B) I dont know how C) I'm scared to do it as it would be dishonest and illegal or D)I will void it when i no longer have it.
It's a fun way to pass the afternoon

Up In Smoke

We have a lot of drivers that turn off their radio signal with a couple stops left in order to come in stealth. Very hard to monitor I guess, as I've sat with center manager and asked whats your proof?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
If they do not tell me what to do with it, I bring it into the office and set on their desk. I let them deal with the repercussions of not getting back to me.
Training in the diad says all packages in your car must be sheeted. Our management is notorious for hiding missed packages. It's embarrassing the lengths they go to when it comes to hiding them. All the rookies bring them back unsheeted, not us old timers. It's missed if it's not delivered.

PPH_over_9000

So it seems like common knowledge but I guess I'm a :censored2:... How do you sheet packages as missed?

I always hit Comm, Misload Text Message, scan the package, "No" I can't deliver it, and send. After that I'll either get no response and bring it back to the building at the end of the day, or someone'll tell me to deliver the package when my route's done. I'm guessing it's one of the options under NonDelivery?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
So it seems like common knowledge but I guess I'm a :censored2:... How do you sheet packages as missed?

I always hit Comm, Misload Text Message, scan the package, "No" I can't deliver it, and send. After that I'll either get no response and bring it back to the building at the end of the day, or someone'll tell me to deliver the package when my route's done. I'm guessing it's one of the options under NonDelivery?
Non delivery, other, d for missed, kiss of death for management. Sirens go off. Shock collar on center manager sends him into convulsions. Try it and see.

Overpaid Union Thug

Well they tell us not to sheet them missed until the end of the day
No doubt. Because they want the opportunity to be able to roll them to the next day and are hoping we’ll forget to scan them. Not already having a scan makes that so much easier. Yes, they can have us void the missed but that record never really disappears.

nah.. they gave me :censored2: one time for sheeting as missed without instruction. From that day forward it goes on their desk if I am not given instructions.

We are supposed to scan everything. And doing so covers our asses. Scanning as missed without instruction isn’t a methods violation. Not scanning a package is. CYA.
Its still missed.

Not sheeting it is not falsifying anything.

We’ve had a couple drivers called in the office and told that not scanning a misload and just brining it back can be treated the same as not scanning, but delivering, an NDA after 10:30 to avoid being late. Which is treated as dishonesty. Whether or not that’s going to stick is questionable. But do you won’t to find out?

21Savage

I had 5 out of center misloads today(dog house) . Found the first 4 by 1pm, On Road came and got them. Didn't find the last one until 6pm. Guess he was pissed and told me to run it. 48 minutes away. Wasn't happy but always better than what your boy did who will now be terminated.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
They salted mine a few months ago. I ran it. :smart:
Also ns#ing a misload makes no sense tell your friend to use their brain

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
just last saturday where i work they were auditing trucks as they pulled in. got a message around 4 that several PC's had been turned around and sent back out to deliver misloads that weren't called in. "this is a disciplinary issue". yesterday i had a misload 9 miles off my route. sent the message around 1pm, no i'm not delivering it and carried on with my route. around 4 got the message to deliver it after finishing my route. i threw it out the window. just kidding of course, drove way off route and delivered it.

Inputnamehere

just last saturday where i work they were auditing trucks as they pulled in. got a message around 4 that several PC's had been turned around and sent back out to deliver misloads that weren't called in. "this is a disciplinary issue". yesterday i had a misload 9 miles off my route. sent the message around 1pm, no i'm not delivering it and carried on with my route. around 4 got the message to deliver it after finishing my route. i threw it out the window. just kidding of course, drove way off route and delivered it.

I've been tempted so many times to toss misloads out the window lmao

JJinVA

At our center, when we have a misload and send it in, if we havent heard back, we're expected to run it. Coming back and sheeting as missed is a warning letter for failure to provide service

bumped

They don't make me run them anymore. I drive all around "trying" to find that street.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you find a misload, or ten, just page it in. If it’s a business and you feel you’re not going to be able to break route to make it then you can always select ‘no’ when it asks if you can deliver it. Then it’s on them to send a shuttle to grab it.
I always select 'y' and type into the comments: it is up to you. I am on the 9/5 list and have gone over 3 times because I was sent to run misloads. I did not volunteer for them, they told me too, so I was able to count those days towards my 9/5 week.

barnyard

KTM rider
Coming back and sheeting as missed is a warning letter for failure to provide service
That used to be the case in my center. My route is at the far eastern edge of our service area. If I have misloads from the far southern route or western routes, that can add an hour to my day. I used to just run them, now I quickly get messages saying someone will meet or to sheet as missed.

I had a salt package in my load my 2nd year or so. The misload was for a street that I loaded when I was a preloader, but the number was a NSN. I called the center and told them that I would run it, but I was pretty sure it was NSN. Now, they do the same as others have mentioned, put a sure post that is due out the next day. Pretty sure that we have a guy in our building that has gotten a warning letter and been suspended. My bet is that he is gone right after peak.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had 5 out of center misloads today(dog house) . Found the first 4 by 1pm, On Road came and got them. Didn't find the last one until 6pm. Guess he was pissed and told me to run it. 48 minutes away. Wasn't happy but always better than what your boy did who will now be terminated.
Gonna file on the sup coming to get the packages?