Salting the Cars

jaker

trolling
Understood. But how can WE prove that there planting misloads?
It's hard to tell on some , but every once in awhile you can tell . When you look at the pal label and it has nothing to do with your belt , truck, no written hin and in the wrong spot then you know it's a salt

I had one and made a stink about it and made sure everyone knew about it that they announced during the pcm that they are salting cars

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So they are screwing with peoples packages that the customer is expecting to be delivered that day? If I found out about a purposely misloaded package I would make sure that customer knew about it. Maybe a few calls to the Ivory Tower might get some ones attention.

They don't use packages that are out for delivery. They use packages with fake labels.

I had a misload today. Sent it in through the DIAD----still waiting as to what they want done with it. It is for a town an hour away.

BostonBo

About twice a week I find a package with my PAL (date is right and time scanned early enough), but it's not in my EDD. Hmmmmmmm... And it's not add/cut stuff, either.

ManInBrown

They don't use packages that are out for delivery. They use packages with fake labels.

Wrong. In my center they are LIVE packages. And we are being instructed to deliver everything. No exceptions. Doesn't matter how far away. We had a driver last week who was instructed in the middle of the day to deliver an off route 45 minutes away.

JackStraw

I seriously doubt that they would risk a service failure on a "live" pkg to get a driver for dis honesty.Also, It amazes me that in today's UPS we still have drivers trying to get away with stuff like scanning airs away from an actual stop just so it won't be late, not scanning a pkg that is closed after 5, flagging pkgs etc. You're human you're supposed to make mistakes. Admit it, take your medicine and keep your job.

Dr.Brownz

Yup works every time, delivery scans will be up in your center...

So they are screwing with peoples packages that the customer is expecting to be delivered that day? If I found out about a purposely misloaded package I would make sure that customer knew about it. Maybe a few calls to the Ivory Tower might get some ones attention.

Yeah I was going to say that seems like causing an intentional service failure, or operational sabotage

PT Car Washer

Yeah I was going to say that seems like causing an intentional service failure, or operational sabotage
Would not be a service failure if the driver sent in the misload and did what he was instructed to do. I don't believe UPS sets up random drivers for this. Most likely drivers they suspect and are trying to catch.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Would not be a service failure if the driver sent in the misload and did what he was instructed to do. I don't believe UPS sets up random drivers for this. Most likely drivers they suspect and are trying to catch.
I know of a driver who was fired for this. They planted a " fake" package on his car and he never called or sent it in, came back and threw it on belt. He got his job back. He is a runner gunner. Also know a guy who did call it in and screamed at supervisor for trying to plant such a " fake " miss load on him.

PT Car Washer

I know of a driver who was fired for this. They planted a " fake" package on his car and he never called or sent it in, came back and threw it on belt. He got his job back. He is a runner gunner. Also know a guy who did call it in and screamed at supervisor for trying to plant such a " fake " miss load on him.
Only one driver that was fired for this? Kind of goes in cycles just to throw fear into everyone else.

O

OLDMAN3

They use real "live" packages for Salts, and sometimes fake ones. The Salt can "show up" in your truck at any point during the day...while in a resturaunt etc., any time, even after you return to the bldg! Here is a link and a quote from a case where a driver was fired and subsequently won a $6,000,000 lawsuit against UPS (later appealed, final disposition unknown). Text in anything unusual and ask for guidance.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/fl-district-court-of-appeal/1413366.html

"To prove his claim that UPS terminated him under false pretenses, as part of its plan to target “injury repeaters”, plaintiff presented the deposition testimony of a former UPS supervisor, Guy Findeisen.   Findeisen testified that he had worked at a UPS center in Hialeah as a driver and supervisor until he left in 1987.   He said that when he was there, his supervisor, Bill Hughes, taught him a way to set up an undesirable employee for termination through a “presheet audit,” and that that he had personally “built the case” for truckers to be terminated through a fraudulent presheet audit.   Findeisen explained how he would remove a package from the driver's truck after it had already been loaded and then falsify the records to make it appear that the driver had not bothered to deliver it.   He testified as follows:

How the presheet audit, how the fabrication went.   I go into your truck, I pick out five, six areas.   Again, this time the package, one of the small packages, ABC, make sure it has a sequence number on it.   I would hide it in my drawer.   When the driver came back that night, I would say look Juan or whatever, you have a presheet audit, here are the numbers I'm looking for, I'll be back in minute ․ go back in the truck, take the package and throw it back in again ․ He's definitely going to come up one short because it was not in the truck, so when that happened, it became an integrity problem.

Findeisen testified that he did this about five times and that he knew of at least two employees who were discharged as a result.   He said he also knew other supervisors at his facility who had set up drivers in this same way, and that it was an “unwritten rule at UPS” and “an easy way to get rid of somebody.”   Findeisen testified that when he heard about the plaintiff's termination, he recognized that it was the exact same method he used to terminate employees. "