Salting the Cars

That is always fun when the misload is a business you can't get to before they close. Management will say the usual "You have to deliver it". You telling them that if you break off to deliver that misloads will cause more missed pieces on your route won't do any good because its something they refuse to hear. So call it in and do a late drive by that business stop and sheet it as missed since it is a closed after 5. Stupid but covers your own butt.
I just tell them thank you for adding to my 9.5. Grievance. That usually changes their mind.

oldngray

nowhere special
I just tell them thank you for adding to my 9.5. Grievance. That usually changes their mind.

Part of the problem is the OMS handling the messages is stuck in the middle by what the center manager orders her to do and what the driver attempts to explain that can actually be done.

Last edited:

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I seriously doubt that they would risk a service failure on a "live" pkg to get a driver for dis honesty.

If they are certain said driver wouldn't do the right thing and they can prove it - yes they absolutely would.

UPS would love nothing more to rid themselves of a top rate driver and replace him or her with someone just starting their wage progression. That missed package would cost them a few bucks at most and it's possible the customer wouldn't even notice. They would save around $700 in just the first week replacing that dishonest driver with someone starting progression.

This company is run by snakes. Do not trust anyone.

Overpaid Union Thug

If they are certain said driver wouldn't do the right thing and they can prove it - yes they absolutely would.

UPS would love nothing more to rid themselves of a top rate driver and replace him or her with someone just starting their wage progression. That missed package would cost them a few bucks at most and it's possible the customer wouldn't even notice. They would save around $700 in just the first week replacing that dishonest driver with someone starting progression.

This company is run by snakes. Do not trust anyone.
Honestly.... I don't blame them for that approach. They may be dishonest snakes but that doesn't mean a driver has to be too. And personally I'm beyond fed up with getting burned by these selfish people who cause the rest of us to waste time looking for packages that aren't in the trucks. And its worse in the summer heat. Then it's equally frustrating to return to the center and find the driver you suspect of having the misload lounging in the office. I say salt and salt often. Those that get caught deserve whatever happens to them. Let the newbs in progression have their jobs.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Honestly.... I don't blame them for that approach. They may be dishonest snakes but that doesn't mean a driver has to be too. And personally I'm beyond fed up with getting burned by these selfish people who cause the rest of us to waste time looking for packages that aren't in the trucks. And its worse in the summer heat. Then it's equally frustrating to return to the center and find the driver you suspect of having the misload lounging in the office. I say salt and salt often. Those that get caught deserve whatever happens to them. Let the newbs in progression have their jobs.

I'm right there with you. Those who do the job right have nothing to worry about. Just keep track of everything.

tourists24

Wrong. In my center they are LIVE packages. And we are being instructed to deliver everything. No exceptions. Doesn't matter how far away. We had a driver last week who was instructed in the middle of the day to deliver an off route 45 minutes away.
Oh no no no... that would be an hour and a half away ;)