Sandy Pope

Brown to Brown

Hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa

local804

Hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa? hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa
Is that you Howie?

804brown

I talked to Sandy in the parking lot before the sort ( she new Red from Chicago) she seemed genuine and was able to converse and have knowledge of most of the issues.I think she deserves a chance in the comming election. As stated in this thread her package person will be important to us. I think it is time for a change maybe she is the right person to take over.We need to pay attention in the months ahead.

Not only does she "deserve a chance", but she might be our last hope to turn things around for the union movement! Corporate America is doing whatever it wants to us. Sandy is a fighter. She is smart and passionate and has gotten her hands dirty over the years on the front lines!
We need that NOW! We need Sandy Pope! SANDY SANDY SANDY SANDY SANDY SANDY SANDY SANDY

804brown

Is that you Howie?

Yeah, that's friend$#!in right ! I'm fu#$in back. Im working as Jimmy's friend#$%in campaign manager. I gave him some good fu#%&$in advice. I told him never to tell the membership "If you don't like it DON'T VOTE FOR ME!" LOL LOL LOL LOL

local804

Yeah, that's friend$#!in right ! I'm fu#$in back. Im wo
rking as Jimmy's friend#$%in campaign manager. I gave him some good fu#%&$in advice. I told him never to tell the membership "If you don't like it DON'T VOTE FOR ME!" LOL LOL LOL LOL

Lol

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa hoffa

Are you crazy? You want your 22.3 job fixed, yet the grim reaper with the scythe, Hoffa, is going to cut yours down... and you're going to vote for him?

menotyou

bella amicizia
The pension fund is not bankrupt. It is in critical status and the rehabilitation plan (Schedule E) will bring it back to where it needs to be. The economic downturn in 2008-09 and the fact that they are paying out more than they are taking in have led us to where we are today. We have retirees making more in retirement than they were while they were working, some as high as $6K/month. Were you as confused by the paperwork that you received this week as I was? I thought the issue was resolved. I would much rather give up a few pennies today to have a healthy pension when I retire in 9 years.

The downturn in the economy just put a spotlight on the already shabbily run pension fund. Who would authorize $4000 a month for a 3.5 hr a day part-timer? Why is so important to organize all these companies just to add more people to the pension who never put in? They have been riding high on the economy for years. Now we all pay. I don't think $6000 a month is bad if you aren't paying it for twice as many years as you worked. Talk about fuzzy math. They have run it into the ground. It might as well be bankrupt. It is easy to say that giving up a few pennies now just to have a heathy pension in nine years is worth it. You are still trusting the same yahoo's who got us into this mess. I have 25 years to go. There will be nothing left.

brownelf

I've never been a fan of Hoffa Jr, but as long as hall is on his ticket as small pkg/UPS contract negotiator he's got my vote. The smartest move Hoffa ever made was to get him on his team, the most important person IMO for those of us at UPS is not the president but rather the person who negotiates our contract. hall is the person I believe can do the job best, and eventually he will become Teamster president when Hoffa steps down. Remember how TDU wanted to wait till the contract expired before starting negotiations last contract? Does anyone honestly believe we would have gotten what we had if we had waited? The bottom fell out of the economy by the time the contract expired, how many people do you know have gotten pay increases as we have the last few years? The upcoming negotaitions will be difficult at best, regardless of the profit the company makes. Please think about this when it comes time to vote for the new president, as it's not all about the president it's also about the people on his team.

804brown

I've never been a fan of Hoffa Jr, but as long as hall is on his ticket as small pkg/UPS contract negotiator he's got my vote. The smartest move Hoffa ever made was to get him on his team, the most important person IMO for those of us at UPS is not the president but rather the person who negotiates our contract. hall is the person I believe can do the job best, and eventually he will become Teamster president when Hoffa steps down. Remember how TDU wanted to wait till the contract expired before starting negotiations last contract? Does anyone honestly believe we would have gotten what we had if we had waited? The bottom fell out of the economy by the time the contract expired, how many people do you know have gotten pay increases as we have the last few years? The upcoming negotaitions will be difficult at best, regardless of the profit the company makes. Please think about this when it comes time to vote for the new president, as it's not all about the president it's also about the people on his team.

Hall is only as good as the top of the ticket. Carey made Hall look good. Without strong leadership, Hall is just a good ol boy without a clue. Thank him for those split "raises" and I'm sure Central States are really happy these days. LOL.
Oh yeah tell me exactly what we got for negotiating early?? Your'e not gonna say "card check" at Overnite are you? LOL
In 2006, Local 804 voted 65% for Tom L. Without the dead wood of the last 804 leadership which backed Hoffa, Local 804 will vote 99% for Sandy in 2011!

We have been burned twice by Hoffa. " We won't get fooled again!"

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
'Sandy' Pope's campaign reports having submitted over 50,000 signatures to the Election Supervisor.

That's about 50% more than was required be accredited as a candidate, by my math.

Any one know how Fred Gegare's slate did on signatures?

Last edited:

bigblu 2 you

At this point I'm going to vote for Gregare, because Hoffa and Pope are scheisty.
i to will vote for fred. i may be somewhat of a conspiracy theorist but i feel the hoffa regime has sandy running to take votes from fred.i had my doubts about fred also but after talking to people who know him and browsing his web site{fred2011}i will support him.i was leery of carey when he ran but would love to have kept him in,i think we would not be taking the abuse and dealing with some of the garbage we do now.anyway i think we need a change.

AcesUp804

i to will vote for fred. i may be somewhat of a conspiracy theorist but i feel the hoffa regime has sandy running to take votes from fred.i had my doubts about fred also but after talking to people who know him and browsing his web site{fred2011}i will support him.i was leery of carey when he ran but would love to have kept him in,i think we would not be taking the abuse and dealing with some of the garbage we do now.anyway i think we need a change.

If you loved Carey then you should vote Sandy Pope . I'm from Local 804 believe me Sandy has nothing to do with Hoffa,nothing at all , I'm shocked that you would think that , a vote for Fred is the same as voting for Hoffa. Here at 804 we will vote for Sandy because we want a president that won't let weak contracts go out to the members like Hoffa has done in the past.

AcesUp804

news flash benbrownlongtime , sandy has no ticket , hall and everyone else will be with Sandy ,, Hoffa is not going to retire , they are just trying to get more votes. and as for the smartest move Hoffa made was to move Hall up ,, it was his only move. He needs UPS to get re-elected .. Wont happen he's done.......

bigblu 2 you

If you loved Carey then you should vote Sandy Pope . I'm from Local 804 believe me Sandy has nothing to do with Hoffa,nothing at all , I'm shocked that you would think that , a vote for Fred is the same as voting for Hoffa. Here at 804 we will vote for Sandy because we want a president that won't let weak contracts go out to the members like Hoffa has done in the past.
why is a vote for fred as a vote for hoffa?have you gone to freds web site?i heard sandy is a good person and the people who know her like her but can she win splitting votes between fred/hoffa?i dont think so and im not willing to throw a vote away that is as important as this.we must replace hoffa.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
At this point I'm going to vote for Gregare, because Hoffa and Pope are scheisty.
Did you sign a petition for Gegare? Apparently not enough teamsters did. (The Central Region VP candidate on that slate, Fred Z, did reach the threshold).

Next step delegate elections. Did everyone get their notice for their local's election? Do you know your delegate slates?

EyesLookingIn

why is a vote for fred as a vote for hoffa?have you gone to freds web site?i heard sandy is a good person and the people who know her like her but can she win splitting votes between fred/hoffa?i dont think so and im not willing to throw a vote away that is as important as this.we must replace hoffa.

Because Fred was the one that spearheaded the whole Central States Pension and getting UPS Freight into the union. A TOTAL DISASTER

705red

Browncafe Steward
Sandy Pope almost bankrupted her local . . . do you want her running the Intl ?

Do you have links to this accusation? Any proof?

Everyone knows that Fred was the CS pension go to guy, its common knowledge, just as is that the fund went belly up. Who would you blame for that?