Sat air pay conflict

Brewing1

Worked as qualified TCD m-friend and trying to figure out the correct pay code for a 6th punch Saturday. Saturday is air only in Southern Region Supplement.

Found article 49.7 but not being paid how it reads.
“TCDs who work five (5) days in a week will be the junior employee in the PCD classification for extra work on Saturday.”

Please help me understand what rate of pay i am supposed to receive.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Worked as qualified TCD m-friend and trying to figure out the correct pay code for a 6th punch Saturday. Saturday is air only in Southern Region Supplement.

“TCDs who work five (5) days in a week will be the junior employee in the PCD classification for extra work on Saturday.”

If you work every day that week as a TCD it's TCD pay Saturday. Otherwise it's air rate.

RTCD

3C TCD rate since its 6th punch and it’ll be time and a half all day at cover rate regardless of air or ground.

This is only if you punched in as a TCD all 5 days prior. If you didn’t work one day or only did PT work then Sat air is 5E (exception air) and I can’t remember if it’s time and a half or not.

Brewing1

I worked as TCD and on all 5 consecutive days (m-friend) and Then Saturday air and my pay code was changed from 3c ground to 3e air pay... filed on it and they agree with the OT for 6th punch but not on the ground pay...

PT Car Washer

I worked as TCD and on all 5 consecutive days (m-friend) and Then Saturday air and my pay code was changed from 3c ground to 3e air pay... filed on it and they agree with the OT for 6th punch but not on the ground pay...
Are you sure you got OT for a 6th punch or because you were over 40 hrs for the week?

RTCD

This always seemed like a gray area to me... I was told by other drivers to punch 3C for 6th punch and that’s just how it always was. However, the contract seems to imply that you are paid for the work performed (air, not ground).

You are considered a junior FT employee for seniority on 6th punch days which should mean full time type of pay... and that would be 3C TCD rate.

I guess you really need to know the past practice at your hub/center to know what everyone else has historically done. If TCDs always punch 3C then that would support the grievance.

Brewing1

This always seemed like a gray area to me... I was told by other drivers to punch 3C for 6th punch and that’s just how it always was. However, the contract seems to imply that you are paid for the work performed (air, not ground).

You are considered a junior FT employee for seniority on 6th punch days which should mean full time type of pay... and that would be 3C TCD rate.

I guess you really need to know the past practice at your hub/center to know what everyone else has historically done. If TCDs always punch 3C then that would support the grievance.

This was exactly my point! How do i prove it though? I have found pay stubs but i cannot see the time cards for them b/c they were last year. I also have others that I’m sure would look up their if i asked them too but still don’t have access to a time card that old on upsers.com

charm299

I am a Tcd and work every Saturday in the southern supplement, it’s 3e paycode and only overtime if you work over 40.

RolloTony Brown Town

You drove Monday-Friday as a TCD and then did Saturday air? I thought TCDs didn’t drive outside of the free period.

WTFm8

3E is the code.
6th punch language means nothing when it comes to Art40.

If you don’t have 40hrs in, you get straight time if doing Air Exception.