Satellite Centers

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
They are moving some of our routes 40 miles away and calling it a satellite center. I could have sworn there was language in the NMA or Central that stipulates the satellite centers had to have heat and running water for toilets and sanitary reasons. Our new satellite center is a portable doghouse and a rented porta-potty that is parked in a parking lot.

I cannot find the language for the life of me on the creation of satellite centers any help would be appreciated.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We had a few satellite routes. Parcel paid rent to a business for space and access to there facilities. Apparently that covered heat and restrooms.

scooby0048

Satellite centers in @542thruNthru 's area are required to have both a bowling alley and ice skating rink. Yours don't sound like much fun at all.
I'm thinking about others who might need to S*. I tend to S* in places where comfort is near palatial. What are they supposed to do when it's negative degrees or the snow is so deep you can't open the door to the poophouse? Don't even get me started on what you are supposed to wash your hands with.

If there is a rule which I think there is, they will be paying me to find a suitable place to drop my kids at the pool and wash my dickskinners off.

Box Ox

If there is a rule which I think there is, they will be paying me to find a suitable place to drop my kids at the pool and wash my dickskinners off.
Sounds fair to me. If management has a problem with that the driver should tell them to make their :censored2:ing day re: discipline given the inadequate UPS facilities.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They are moving some of our routes 40 miles away and calling it a satellite center. I could have sworn there was language in the NMA or Central that stipulates the satellite centers had to have heat and running water for toilets and sanitary reasons. Our new satellite center is a portable doghouse and a rented porta-potty that is parked in a parking lot.

I cannot find the language for the life of me on the creation of satellite centers any help would be appreciated.
Where are you going to keep your donkeys at night?

542thruNthru

Screenshot_20210120-164506_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

scooby0048

Yes sir, that's the one I was thinking of. I must have been searching restroom and not washroom. I wonder if the lack of these conditions would warrant the halting of the move to the satellite center. @BigUnionGuy spoke a while back and he feels that there is nothing we can do to stop the move due to it being a "change of operation".

I have been researching this as the satellite center is incorporating several routes that are dispatched from my current center and a few from another satellite and cannot seem to find any well written and interpreted MOUs or rules from the union on this. Most of the drivers who are being affected do not want to move to the new portable satellite center.

DOK

Yes sir, that's the one I was thinking of. I must have been searching restroom and not washroom. I wonder if the lack of these conditions would warrant the halting of the move to the satellite center. @BigUnionGuy spoke a while back and he feels that there is nothing we can do to stop the move due to it being a "change of operation".

I have been researching this as the satellite center is incorporating several routes that are dispatched from my current center and a few from another satellite and cannot seem to find any well written and interpreted MOUs or rules from the union on this. Most of the drivers who are being affected do not want to move to the new portable satellite center.
It’s says in “all present and future buildings “, you guys have an actual building?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

They tried moving a couple routes to.a.gas.station about 50 miles from the center. The guys that worked the routes worked extremely safe. over allowed thru the roof service failures everyday.
After about 6 months the company brought the routes Back never to be heard about again

542thruNthru

Yeah they won't stop the operations change because of it. To be honest I don't believe anything can stop a change of operations. We had one here last year and they only gave people a 2 week notice.

Though filing the grievances and maybe calling OSHA might spur them to make improvements.

scooby0048

They tried moving a couple routes to.a.gas.station about 50 miles from the center. The guys that worked the routes worked extremely safe. over allowed thru the roof service failures everyday.
After about 6 months the company brought the routes Back never to be heard about again
A few of the routes have been moved back then moved out again. Some have been moved multiple times at the whim of the company. From the building to one location then to another location further away. couldn't get staffed then moved back to building then because it was ran out of building for more than 30 days, kept at building as new route. Now they are going to move it again.