Satellite Centers

542thruNthru

A few of the routes have been moved back then moved out again. Some have been moved multiple times at the whim of the company. From the building to one location then to another location further away. couldn't get staffed then moved back to building then because it was ran out of building for more than 30 days, kept at building as new route. Now they are going to move it again.

They could use change of operations till they are blue in the face. Does that mean that they can arbitrarily move the routes constantly to suit their needs? There's no point including it the contract since there is no monetary or punitive action to fix it.
This is information your local should have. They should have had a meeting and discussed these issues. Here once you were moved it was permanent and going back and forth was not allowed. Though the company claimed it was a "emergency" so no really meeting was ever held.
Screenshot_20210120-200436_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

And then the next question would be do they re-bid all the affected routes since we all have to go to a "new center"? Do they hire off the street for the ones who don't want to follow the move. Do they put a bid in this center to go to the new center? One driver just bought a house and now he will be an hour and a half away from his old center (which was a satellite) to his new satellite.
Here you either followed your route or got off your route and took whatever was available or became a utility driver (FT driver with no route).
I was saying to @542thruNthru that there is no penalty for putting people in this portable structure which means probably no way to stop the move so even if heat was an OSHA issue, what would they do? I suppose they could fine the company but that wouldn't stop the move or any future move(s) right?
Use the grievance process and OSHA. It will be a battle but the company can't hold out forever.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Are you sure? Our satellites were still assigned to the origin center.

The company can do it either way make it a stand alone center or keep it attached to the mother center
The other satellite center that is now being moved and the one that got moved back are under the original center's SLIC number. That was our argument before when one of the slots came open for bidding process. Instead of bidding from inside, they opened it up to an outside bid claiming that it was a separate center. Our local is 6 hours away and never come to us. It's like being this far away from a local means no one there wants to bother with us so our problems just don't exist.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is information your local should have. They should have had a meeting and discussed these issues. Here once you were moved it was permanent and going back and forth was not allowed. Though the company claimed it was a "emergency" so no really meeting was ever held.
View attachment 325746

Here you either followed your route or got off your route and took whatever was available or became a utility driver (FT driver with no route).

Use the grievance process and OSHA. It will be a battle but the company can't hold out forever.
939D38B0-20AC-434A-BA45-64779F8CDBF7.gif

scooby0048

View attachment 325746

For the highlighted text, the union has been notified and it must not be a big deal because one route has been moved out, then over, then back, then out again, then further over, and finally back to the building several times over the years. Now its being moved out of the building again until the company needs to change operations.

It is the same here with the drivers following their work or coming back into the utility (swing) pool. Just playing devil's advocate here, but what would filing the grievances and calling OSHA actually accomplish? I'm a firm believer in fighting when you are right but also knowing when to fight and when to stand down and in this case, it seems that fighting would not achieve the desired effect.

...or would it?

542thruNthru

For the highlighted text, the union has been notified and it must not be a big deal because one route has been moved out, then over, then back, then out again, then further over, and finally back to the building several times over the years. Now its being moved out of the building again until the company needs to change operations.

It is the same here with the drivers following their work or coming back into the utility (swing) pool. Just playing devil's advocate here, but what would filing the grievances and calling OSHA actually accomplish? I'm a firm believer in fighting when you are right but also knowing when to fight and when to stand down and in this case, it seems that fighting would not achieve the desired effect.

...or would it?
Well depending on the grievances you file the company could be told to comply in panels. Failure to do so could bring on labor charges.

OSHA I'm not very sure but I do know it's something that UPS doesn't want to deal with.

542thruNthru

...or would it?
There has to be something that can be done. I mean moving a route multiple times a year seems ridiculous

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well depending on the grievances you file the company could be told to comply in panels. Failure to do so could bring on labor charges.

OSHA I'm not very sure but I do know it's something that UPS doesn't want to deal with.
Yeah I can tell you the company does NOT want to deal with OSHA no matter how small the infraction.

542thruNthru

Yeah I can tell you the company does NOT want to deal with OSHA no matter how small the infraction.
We have a preloader take a temp at his area. He requested a fan. UPS ignored him. He went to OSHA. Next day he had a fan and the safety guy was trying to convince him that he should have come to him that he could have got in real trouble for going to OSHA.

The fan is still there and someone put a sticker on it that says the guys name and that the fan is dedicated to him lol.

542thruNthru

It’s within the same local. I can’t transfer per say. Well I can but there’s. Lot of hoops and a lot of people have to agree to it. But I can bid routes in the center.
I forget you guys can do that. We can only bid in our center. Even with multiple centers in our building we still can't bid out of it.

scooby0048

There’s a center with 7 drivers that would only be about 10 minutes further
You know, if it wasnt for the fact that I have my own country route now, I wouldn't do it (the new move). The idea of going back into the swing utility pool just makes me cringe. I couldn't stand waking up and not knowing where I was going to be for the day or how long my day would be.

10 minutes further with a country route and only 7 drivers, hell yeah I would do.