Satellite Centers

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yeah they won't stop the operations change because of it. To be honest I don't believe anything can stop a change of operations. We had one here last year and they only gave people a 2 week notice.

Though filing the grievances and maybe calling OSHA might spur them to make improvements.
They could use change of operations till they are blue in the face. Does that mean that they can arbitrarily move the routes constantly to suit their needs? There's no point including it the contract since there is no monetary or punitive action to fix it.

scooby0048

Yeah they won't stop the operations change because of it. To be honest I don't believe anything can stop a change of operations. We had one here last year and they only gave people a 2 week notice.

Though filing the grievances and maybe calling OSHA might spur them to make improvements.
And then the next question would be do they re-bid all the affected routes since we all have to go to a "new center"? Do they hire off the street for the ones who don't want to follow the move. Do they put a bid in this center to go to the new center? One driver just bought a house and now he will be an hour and a half away from his old center (which was a satellite) to his new satellite.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
And then the next question would be do they re-bid all the affected routes since we all have to go to a "new center"? Do they hire off the street for the ones who don't want to follow the move. Do they put a bid in this center to go to the new center? One driver just bought a house and now he will be an hour and a half away from his old center (which was a satellite) to his new satellite.

When they did it here you could either follow your work OR if you had the seniority bump a junior driver off his route

scooby0048

When they did it here you could either follow your work OR if you had the seniority bump a junior driver off his route
No thanks. Those are some of the worst routes in the bldg. I was going to follow the work but I am just aggravated as well as the others who are moving because, at what point does the building stop moving the centers to suit their fancy. If we follow the work we were told we will no longer be a part of the bldg we are in. So, no more bidding for any possible feeder slots, no extra work for those who want it, no more bidding for other nice routes in the this bldg.

Basically that will be the last stop unless we want to come back in to the bldg and be put at the bottom of the swing / cover pool.

scooby0048

heat is an OSHA thing i think

40 degrees min i believe
I was saying to @542thruNthru that there is no penalty for putting people in this portable structure which means probably no way to stop the move so even if heat was an OSHA issue, what would they do? I suppose they could fine the company but that wouldn't stop the move or any future move(s) right?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No thanks. Those are some of the worst routes in the bldg. I was going to follow the work but I am just aggravated as well as the others who are moving because, at what point does the building stop moving the centers to suit their fancy. If we follow the work we were told we will no longer be a part of the bldg we are in. So, no more bidding for any possible feeder slots, no extra work for those who want it, no more bidding for other nice routes in the this bldg.

Basically that will be the last stop unless we want to come back in to the bldg and be put at the bottom of the swing / cover pool.

Are you sure? Our satellites were still assigned to the origin center.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Take and post anonymous pictures depicting the conditions to social media. Let Carol answer for it. It's gonna be hard to crow about stock dividends with pictures of gatorade bottles full of urine and DR bags full of feces piling up in front of what amounts to a gypsy caravan stop.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was saying to @542thruNthru that there is no penalty for putting people in this portable structure which means probably no way to stop the move so even if heat was an OSHA issue, what would they do? I suppose they could fine the company but that wouldn't stop the move or any future move(s) right?
Yes. It would get you a space heater or 2 is all it would do.