Satellite/Extended Centers

SPARTANS

I'm a 10 year driver at a extended center. UPS sometimes decides to move these satellite/extended centers to wherever and whenever they want. Does anyone know any rules or guidelines to these satellite centers? How far away can you live from a center? If your a seasoned driver then you know why I'm asking this hear and not my management team or local union.

Thanks

542thruNthru

I'm a 10 year driver at a extended center. UPS sometimes decides to move these satellite/extended centers to wherever and whenever they want. Does anyone know any rules or guidelines to these satellite centers? How far away can you live from a center? If your a seasoned driver then you know why I'm asking this hear and not my management team or local union.

Thanks

If you're a seasoned driver you would know that every region/supplement is different. So any answer you get here may not pertain to you.

Your best bet would be to talk to your local and read your contract.

rod

Retired 22 years
One of our satellite centers was 45 miles away. That driver didn't start until 10:15 (sometimes later) and regularly worked until 9-10 o'clock. What crappy hours.

SPARTANS

Right now I'm 30 miles away. They're thinking about moving at 60 miles away. There's nothing in the contract that talks about satellite centers. As of right now I start at 11.

rod

Retired 22 years
Last I heard they moved all out satellite centers back to the center. Don't know why. Probably because they were working out too good.

SPARTANS

That's a very positive way of looking at it! It only adds 1 hr to my day!! Not too bad!!! Thanks for all the input everyone an Merry Christmas!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ZV5wk8.gif

DOK

One of our satellite centers was 45 miles away. That driver didn't start until 10:15 (sometimes later) and regularly worked until 9-10 o'clock. What crappy hours.

We’re in a regular center and are starting at 10:15 through peak, yayy

DOK

Right now I'm 30 miles away. They're thinking about moving at 60 miles away. There's nothing in the contract that talks about satellite centers. As of right now I start at 11.

I would love that, no management bull to deal with.