Saturday Air Driver

PT Car Washer

The driving test should be fairly soon, like this week if the on road sups aren't doing very much. You have to keep on them. After that you will be on someone else's schedule. Who knows? Could be weeks. Your Center manager may have a much better idea of any upcoming classes.

beavis

Patience grasshopper. I was called to go saturday air driving 18 years ago. Passed my road and written tests and got my browns. Nobody called. Days turned into weeks and then months and i bugged everybody i could from ups and the local. Finally caught up with the guy who ran it and he said i was the "first alternate" to be trained if needed. They didnt have another sign up list for 3 years and by then i was a combo.

BlackCoffee

I heard a co-worker may try to become a driver as well but he's worried because he doesn't drive standard transmission. Will UPS train/teach him?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes. If they didn't it would not make sense that everyone have to drive stick. Not trying to be a wise guy that's just the way I see it.

Then again most things UPS does does not make sense.

Only reason I asked is that used to be a requirement here as well but we no longer have any manual transmission vehicles nor do our training schools in both Albany and Syracuse.

Fragile

Only reason I asked is that used to be a requirement here as well but we no longer have any manual transmission vehicles nor do our training schools in both Albany and Syracuse.

Not real package car drivers. :-)

Every driver should have to drive a old package car to qualify.