Saturday Air

barnyard

KTM rider
There is only 1 hitch with air exception driving.... If you are in an accident, any accident, you cannot sign a FT bid for 1 year.

PT Car Washer

There is only 1 hitch with air exception driving.... If you are in an accident, any accident, you cannot sign a FT bid for 1 year.
This is true. We had an air driver break a side mirror going through the wash tunnel. Had to wait another year to go FT. He later qualified but was let go for losing a tote of air letters by forgetting to close the rear door. A guy from the midnight sort found the tote and brought it in to the Hub. The job is not for everyone.

Over 70

Hello guys ,, what is the Saturday air ?? cant understand the idea of the topic , ))

giphy (25).gif

Mst3k

Here is the road test list for my hub.
You need 120 points to pass and you start out with 150.

Applicant crashed: -31 points

It's a short list these days.

km3

Here is the road test list for my hub.
You need 120 points to pass and you start out with 150.

Applicant crashed: -31 points

It's a short list these days.

It's a little different here. You start with 0, and need less than 125 to pass.

Grinded gears: +200 points.

km3

Do they send you to intergrad for saturday air?

Also still waiting for @FrigidFTSup to post the list for driver test...jeez sups these dayz ;) thanks when you can!

No Integrad for Saturday Air. I found the list he posted a year ago for you.

Okay, so the copy I got has someone's info on it so I'm not going to post it. But I can give you the 25 points we grade you on.
1.Starting engine-6
2.Starting vehicle-10
3.Gear shifting (smooth shifts, grinding is a demerit.)-10
4.Clutch-10
5.Use of horn-10
6.Steering-10
7.Slow and Other warning signs-6
8.Stop signs-10
9.Traffic Lights-10
10.Intersection and Crosswalks-20
11.Right-Of-Way-20
12.Lane Observance-20
13.Change Lane-10
14.Speed Controls-20
15.Following-20
16.Right Turns-10
17.Left Turns-10
18.Parallel Parking-10
19.Parking on a hill-20
20.Backing-20
21.Use of Brakes-6
22.Use of mirrors-10
23.Alertness-20
24.Familiarity with rules-10
25.Defensive Driving-10

Each number corresponds to a demerit count. 125 or above is a failure.

When I'm administering the road test this is what I'm looking for. You can demonstrate you can safely and comfortably operate the vehicle(goes with 23), use of mirrors, speed limit, smooth stops and turns, and you're not grinding the crap out of the gears. If you're green, it happens. Don't freak out about it. Same goes for any time you think you made a mistake. Unless I straight up say you failed, keep going, shake it off. Unless you're messing up the big things, you have quite a bit I can ding you for before you fail.

Best of luck.

Edit:Forgot to add, a common thing we see on the road test is people not using two hands on the wheel. Make sure you are using two hands at all times.

extranatty

Saturday air counts as extra work. You still do your PT job and work Saturday when needed by seniority. Tops out after a 2 year progression. Currently top rate is $27.64/hr. The easiest money you will ever make working at UPS.

Sure, but you have to know how to drive stick. It's 2017 and I'm basically forced to pay my stoner coworker to teach me on his 1989 :censored2:ty honda civic because I can't find a cheap car w/ manual transmission.

Even if outdated, it's great for the company to require that people can drive stick. You get to hire drivers off the street, as we've seen happening, and that's probably why. I get the whole rite of passage thing, I want to learn manual, but I just don't have ~$2000+ cash on hand to practice. Like most part-timers.

If the union cared they'd keep the manual rule but also offer training programs for part-timers. Yet considering they endorsed Hilldog for President; it's hard to expect anything good of them. It just takes basic statistics to know that if you vote Democrat; you're either an idiot or you're in on it. The party that manipulates the masses to squelch the middle class and give the elites everything they want. The Democrats. Every nice area you know, and where you drivers likely live, is Republican.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Sure, but you have to know how to drive stick. It's 2017 and I'm basically forced to pay my stoner coworker to teach me on his 1989 :censored2:ty honda civic because I can't find a cheap car w/ manual transmission.

Even if outdated, it's great for the company to require that people can drive stick. You get to hire drivers off the street, as we've seen happening, and that's probably why. I get the whole rite of passage thing, I want to learn manual, but I just don't have ~$2000+ cash on hand to practice. Like most part-timers.

If the union cared they'd keep the manual rule but also offer training programs for part-timers. Yet considering they endorsed Hilldog for President; it's hard to expect anything good of them. It just takes basic statistics to know that if you vote Democrat; you're either an idiot or you're in on it. The party that manipulates the masses to squelch the middle class and give the elites everything they want. The Democrats. Every nice area you know, and where you drivers likely live, is Republican.
If it costs you 2000 bucks to learn how to drive a manual it's time to look for a different career. It isn't that hard.