Saturday Air

km3

Yes to all ( they may throw it in to show how well you handle it along with driving ).

Not for a basic road test. At least not the 5 and 10s.

UPS can do whatever they want, but it would be pretty low for them to fail you on a road test for not knowing your 5 and 10s, which is usually given to you after you pass before you head off to driving school.

They might want a basic driver drill though.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I feel good about it do i need the 5s and 10s memorized? And am i doing a driver drill?
5 and 10 will be before you go to class. Probably a no for a driver drill. If someone does well and they are going for permanent I may do it if they are interested. Try to give them somewhat of an idea of what to expect in class.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Not for a basic road test. At least not the 5 and 10s.

UPS can do whatever they want, but it would be pretty low for them to fail you on a road test for not knowing your 5 and 10s, which is usually given to you after you pass before you head off to driving school.

They might want a basic driver drill though.
Won't make the guy who is being tested do it, but again, I may do a demonstration one.

RuthlessSupSlayer

5 and 10 will be before you go to class. Probably a no for a driver drill. If someone does well and they are going for permanent I may do it if they are interested. Try to give them somewhat of an idea of what to expect in class.
i am looking to go full time down the road. I work a full time job now that i do fairly well in terms of salary but, i am basiclly topped out due me not having a degree and my pre load was only to be temporary but have found myself wanting to drive now. So i would take paid time off from my other job to make sure i pass intergrad then if i pass then i am going all out on driving and quiting my other job. As @Bastiatian said this will give me good experience in preparation for full time.

Thanks again i really appreciate all this info.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
i am looking to go full time down the road. I work a full time job now that i do fairly well in terms of salary but, i am basiclly topped out due me not having a degree and my pre load was only to be temporary but have found myself wanting to drive now. So i would take paid time off from my other ro make sure i pass intergrad then if i pass then i am going all out on driving and quiting my other job. As @Bastiatian said this will give me good experience in preparation for full time.

Thanks again i really appreciate all this info.
Don't quit your day job before you get a taste of it. Driving is a lot different than people expect. I've seen a few PTers self DQ day 4 or 5 because they hated it so much.

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
Well that's a good idea. Wish I had gotten that. Feels like doing a damn tongue twister when you've got a bunch of people in the car and you're nervous.

RuthlessSupSlayer

Don't quit your day job before you get a taste of it. Driving is a lot different than people expect. I've seen a few PTers self DQ day 4 or 5 because they hated it so much.
Thats the conundrum i am in because Saturday air is really my only time i can drive unless i am TCD on Saturday since UPS would not know if they need day of and not 48 hours prior so i could take a PTO day at my full time. So air is my best shot a sample.

RuthlessSupSlayer

Advice---keep your day job.

UPS is only going to get worse.
my current job has laid so many people off the past few years. I have managed multiple regions under a supervisor title with manager responsibilites and supervisor pay. We haven't had pensions dor 5 years+, our insurance premiums are high with bad coverages, i was hired under rhe premis that my position was bonus laden and 4 years later not one bonus...im just done not worth the stress anymore.