SATURDAY - Forced to Work - What Percent???

RealPerson

I'll end up being on a Tue-Sat schedule when we get Saturday ground. I've accepted that. I see an opportunity for overtime as I can come in for an hour or two on Monday and double, thereby turning the longest day, Saturday, into all OT.

But at the same time, it's not too difficult for me to imagine a scenario in the near feature where I show up to work and I'm the only one in my area...forcing me to do the work of about 8 people all on my own. Heck, the 6th day may be all OT, but it will by no means be "easy money." I'll deserve every penny if that does end up happening.

It's obvious that staffing is going to be the most difficult part of implementing this. We can't staff ourselves for a typical day now. All hell is gonna break loose once Saturday ground gets here...I honestly don't know how they're going to deal with it.

Mondays Suck also. The people that worked Saturday they cut from Monday. All supervisors in the building are working. People have 6 or more car pulls. I went from 20 hours to 26 hours, plus all the drivers were on the clock for 30-45 minutes loading their own trucks before they left.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Mondays Suck also. The people that worked Saturday they cut from Monday. All supervisors in the building are working. People have 6 or more car pulls. I went from 20 hours to 26 hours, plus all the drivers were on the clock for 30-45 minutes loading their own trucks before they left.
Does anybody grieve the supes working?

km3

Sups are allowed to work after the company has exhausted all other means. They pull that a lot in my building.

In my building you usually ask for specifics.

"We've exhausted all options!"
"Did you call double shifters?"
"Yes!"
"What are their names?"
"I don't know."
"Well until you can give me the names of the double shifters that were called, I'm gonna need you to stop handling packages."

They'd pull that "exhausted all options" nonsense all the time if you didn't ask them specifically what those options were, who was contacted,etc..

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Call ins are a part of doing business. I see Sup's complain of staffing yet they greet at the guard Shack asking if anyone wants the day.
Exactly!

They create false standards for themselves and can only duplicate them through lies and deceit.

If they were ever forced to properly staff their operations, they could never make their numbers.

It's high time we force them.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Exactly!

They create false standards for themselves and can only duplicate them through lies and deceit.

If they were ever forced to properly staff their operations, they could never make their numbers.

It's high time we force them.
Ain't no doubt about it. I pray for the day that everyone comes in and demands their guarantee. I also pray the day when we shut it down. Lol. Double edged?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ok.

Is that a violation, of the Contract ?
Nope, but it certainly creates a culture of violations.

Uh....

Who cares about their numbers ?
They do, which leads to bare bones staffing levels, supplemented by supervisors working on most sorts.

Force them, to do what ?
Force them to staff their operation with bargaining unit personnel, instead of part time supervisors.

I'm not sure where I am losing you?

Did you just wake up?

~Bbbl~™

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Uh....

Who cares about their numbers ?
I forgot to add my over half my coworkers, Local Officers and Agents, as well as my State Conference or Joint Area Council, that approved a "newly implemented incentive or bonus plan" across my entire Local.

It would seem lots of people care?

ManInBrown

Call ins are a part of doing business. I see Sup's complain of staffing yet they greet at the guard Shack asking if anyone wants the day.
They'll have 4 drivers in the office who called out the previous day using a SICK day they're entitled to use, while they sent 6 drivers home. Clowns.

Ghost in the Darkness

I'm just waiting for that to happen to me, my attendance is perfect and I have all my sick time left. I always use it too although I'm nice and schedule those days as I rarely call in. If I ever get pulled in the office over using a sick day its going right to a harassment grievance.