Saturday Ground at your Hub yet?

Hellobrown2000

Saturday ground is starting in April. We only do 20-35 k a day in volume. We're not doing it because it's profitable, we're doing it because we're the only ones who aren't. Words of the DM

10 Pt

Good insight Old Man. Just dislike that it's going to get in the way of my Saturday gig. But at my hub atleast none of the senior drivers are going to bid on it. But at the same time complaining that their Monday will have way more extra stuff cut to them since Saturday will eliminate other routes.
Oh no,
A lot of send again stops for Monday (& NSN).
I guess the regular Saturday (ground) routes will have to absorb the Sat next days too?

88UPS1969

Has anyone's hub or center started delivering Saturday Ground packages? How is it working? What are Sups, Management and other Drivers saying? Any input would be great.
The Management told us that we will be starting the 2nd week of August . They said not sure but might be rebidding all the routes when it starts. That the routes with 70% residential are more than likely to be the routes that will probably be made into Tuesday through Saturday? They don't really seem to be certain about anything yet, except that it will be starting the 2nd week of August!! They did say that you would be guaranteed 8 hours and are going to allow the most senior driver's first choice and if no one is interested, then they are going to force those at the bottom up to run the Tuesday through Saturday routes! This will be interesting to see how it turns out?? Not in favor of it, but I knew it was going to happen, because if FX starts to offer a service then UPS is going to do the same and if UPS offers a service then FX will follow suit!!

Cgs1226

Went yesterday. 160 stops. 90 miles. Not bad, just scattered and tough to get a rythm going. Left building at 830 punched out at 615

It will be fine

The Management told us that we will be starting the 2nd week of August . They said not sure but might be rebidding all the routes when it starts. That the routes with 70% residential are more than likely to be the routes that will probably be made into Tuesday through Saturday? They don't really seem to be certain about anything yet, except that it will be starting the 2nd week of August!! They did say that you would be guaranteed 8 hours and are going to allow the most senior driver's first choice and if no one is interested, then they are going to force those at the bottom up to run the Tuesday through Saturday routes! This will be interesting to see how it turns out?? Not in favor of it, but I knew it was going to happen, because if FX starts to offer a service then UPS is going to do the same and if UPS offers a service then FX will follow suit!!
Fedex Ground home delivery was launched in 2000. So in just 17 short years UPS has decided to offer a similar service.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sorry guys, but I totally disagree. I'd be very much inclined as a senior driver to sign a Tue-Sat bid.
First of all Sat won't be near anything like a normal work day. You'll be delivering alot less stops and very very
few pickups if any. Most likely you'll only be working 8 and going home at 430. That's plenty of time to
get home in time for Sat night plans.

And then you get Mon off. A good day to get things done because everybody else will be open. And take a long
weekend once in awhile with a Tues off. Alot of times they're cutting trips Mon. anyway and you end up getting
extra work. I'd bid that in a heartbeat.
Ahhhh hindsight.

8-4:30. Lmfao!!!!!