Saturday Ground at your Hub yet?

Cgs1226

Has anyone's hub or center started delivering Saturday Ground packages? How is it working? What are Sups, Management and other Drivers saying? Any input would be great.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Not yet at our building but should be rolling in about six months all new drivers are being told that they will most likely be driving on Saturday.

Cgs1226

Yes ours will be starting in April. Just seems very unorganized. I am low man on the totem pole (not the issue). Just stinks that I'll be losing my Saturday under the table gig. But heard some have failed in less than two weeks. Mixed information from online, to the centers. Hoping to gain more information from places that have been running it already.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Has anyone's hub or center started delivering Saturday Ground packages? How is it working? What are Sups, Management and other Drivers saying? Any input would be great.
I think there were already two threads about this. If you searched one of them and read it, you might enjoy reading some of the answers.....

Cgs1226

I mean I get it, postal service is 7 days now, fed ex does some Saturday. Just seems unorganized asking people (higher seniority drivers) to work T-S. Fat chance. And to get preload in there T-S...once again fat chance. So then force from the bottom up, guys that dont have knowledge of a quarter of the routes.And having said drivers call off all the time like they do now because they dont even like working M-friend (the lazy ones).Like I said before just rains on my parade of having a Saturday gig working for good money under the table.