Saturday Ground Class Action Lawsuit?

What if you have a home based business and your competition is getting their stuff on Saturdays and you are not for no other reason than you live in the wrong neighborhood.? That extra day now hurting your business. Is UPS is now giving them an unfair advantage?
What about some places that get their next day air by 10:30 and out laying areas have no commit times.

Last edited:

pierregarcon

IIRC if a business wants Saturday delivery, than they have to sign up for a Saturday pickup. Seems the company vastly overrated businesses wanting a Saturday pickup. Here we have basically cut Saturdays to a skeleton crew. I want to say we run 50 routes on a given day. We run 5 on Saturday. As to someone running a business from their home, we have never treated them as a business. Zoned resi, delivered as a resi.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We can move forward or stay in the past. I got an Amazon delivery on Sunday from their delivery service. How do we remain competitive only operating Monday-Friday?
I thought Saturday was supposed to largely increase our pick up volume from Wednesday on because some
Large shippers were diverting volume.

Have we gotten some of that volume back?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
IIRC if a business wants Saturday delivery, than they have to sign up for a Saturday pickup. Seems the company vastly overrated businesses wanting a Saturday pickup. Here we have basically cut Saturdays to a skeleton crew. I want to say we run 50 routes on a given day. We run 5 on Saturday. As to someone running a business from their home, we have never treated them as a business. Zoned resi, delivered as a resi.
Lawyers can make a mess of problems. We are picking who gets Saturday delivery. Some are getting no service even if you live in the same area. Will the company cave as customers start demanding Saturday service like the other side of town gets?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Lawyers can make a mess of problems. We are picking who gets Saturday delivery. Some are getting no service even if you live in the same area.
I'll work 10hours Monday thru Thursday by cutting routes then let the 18.50an hour employees take Friday thru Sunday. I'll trade for 20option days.

pierregarcon

Lawyers can make a mess of problems. We are picking who gets Saturday delivery. Some are getting no service even if you live in the same area. Will the company cave as customers start demanding Saturday service like the other side of town gets?

Only my assumption, but if you pay for enough service to get it there by Saturday, it does. If you roll the dice on ground, you might get it Saturday, you might get it Monday. You might get it Wednesday. Get what you pay for. What is our ground window these days? Was looking to order my nephew a gift recently and the retailer used Fedex. It said 3-8 days.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

If it is profitable they will. UPS is company that is here to make money.UPS is going to do what is best for them and their pocketbook. If they want to feel good about themselves they will donate to a cause. Service is nice , but the way they chase a buck. They don't really care

JustDeliverIt

Since the company is discriminating with its Saturday Ground, could they face lawsuits from customers? Just about every route has retail, yet not all retail is going out?

I've always wondered if we would lose business with their "new" Saturday setup they started in May. When they started selecting the shippers they would deliver from (Amazon of course, JC Penny, Target and Home Depot seemed to be the big four) they left a lot of others for the Monday routes. I would come back and look in the Monday trucks going to the same area I just delivered to that Saturday and find the same streets I was just on but they weren't the select shippers they promised Saturday delivery to. How long until those Monday packages get sent another way because they would go out on a Saturday or Sunday with another carrier?

F

Frankie's Friend

corporate is trying to write checks the centers can’t cash

98% service expectation for peak? yah okay
Now that the company can send all of our surepost volume to the post office if they hold a (even 10%) trailer until the next day if the contract is settled before peak is over?
Yeah, it's cashable.
Thank Taylor and friends.
You did a great job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Only my assumption, but if you pay for enough service to get it there by Saturday, it does. If you roll the dice on ground, you might get it Saturday, you might get it Monday. You might get it Wednesday. Get what you pay for. What is our ground window these days? Was looking to order my nephew a gift recently and the retailer used Fedex. It said 3-8 days.
I'm saying a class action suit might argue that UPS is discriminating on where they roll the dice and that refunds are in order.