Saturday Ground Class Action Lawsuit?

Returntosender

Agree. Look what has happened to Sears. Gotta stay with the times.
399C021A-A448-49AD-AFBF-6A5155A5F736.jpeg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
corporate is trying to write checks the centers can’t cash

98% service expectation for peak? yah okay
The hub call about the service expectations was one giant eye roll.

But don’t worry, putting up automated buildings in SLC and SMART will for sure fix all the capacity issues nationwide LOL

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The hub call about the service expectations was one giant eye roll.

But don’t worry, putting up automated buildings in SLC and SMART will for sure fix all the capacity issues nationwide LOL
yeah on the package side we are looking kinda solid for drivers, but if the preload and hubs can’t staff because of amazon, it’s all for nothing

Jackofnotrades

What if you have a home based business and your competition is getting their stuff on Saturdays and you are not for no other reason than you live in the wrong neighborhood.? That extra day now hurting your business. Is UPS is now giving them an unfair advantage?
Think ahead or don't own a company.

RolloTony Brown Town

Too bad. We are freight now. UPS's plans to "Stop heavy pickups" is to give us all the freight volume while they play hookie with worker's lives at actual Freight.

Anyone get slammed with eregs monday? I do not think that was a coincidence.

That is complete ignorance. Have you seen what they deliver in freight? Where they deliver? My only hope is you’re being sarcastic.

In small pack we assume a package is over 150 because it has shifting contents. As a driver you’ll ask for help to move a package that you yourself have deemed unsafe. Most times between you and another driver you’re fine.

In freight I saw everything from swing sets with 5 pieces weighing 1000-1200lbs, doors and fencing that are 12-13feet tall and 200-300 lbs going to Home Depot, fluid tanks that are completely full weighing 2000lbs each, to 700-1000lbs crates that moving companies use.

LTL is a completely different world from ours. 90% commercial delivery and when you get a residential delivery it’s a nightmare and you miss the scheduled appointment 3 times because the :censored2: is ugly and won’t fit in the straight truck. Many deliveries are multiple pallets, and it can be anything.

Ups freight teamsters striking has very little affect on you in small pack.

RealPerson

But we are not delivering all retail on Saturdays? Why not? How long before customers start wondering why not?
I was told that Retail can get pickup and Delivery for $9 each Saturday...
I know my wife's day job in retail wants to get deliveries and pickups, but corporate (her store) doesn't. People order stuff online Friday evening after UPS man has left. It sits till Monday afternoon.

Foamer Pyle

That is complete ignorance. Have you seen what they deliver in freight? Where they deliver? My only hope is you’re being sarcastic.

In small pack we assume a package is over 150 because it has shifting contents. As a driver you’ll ask for help to move a package that you yourself have deemed unsafe. Most times between you and another driver you’re fine.

In freight I saw everything from swing sets with 5 pieces weighing 1000-1200lbs, doors and fencing that are 12-13feet tall and 200-300 lbs going to Home Depot, fluid tanks that are completely full weighing 2000lbs each, to 700-1000lbs crates that moving companies use.

LTL is a completely different world from ours. 90% commercial delivery and when you get a residential delivery it’s a nightmare and you miss the scheduled appointment 3 times because the :censored2: is ugly and won’t fit in the straight truck. Many deliveries are multiple pallets, and it can be anything.

Ups freight teamsters striking has very little affect on you in small pack.
I think it’s about time you start delivering trampolines and furniture. I don’t see any Rooms to Go having problems delivering furniture in residential areas.