Saturday Ground Update

Back first

For all the drivers who work excessive OT. We have a choice and it is the 9.5 list. Don't bitch about having no social or family life if you don't have the balls to go on the 9.5 list to alleviate the OT

Faceplanted

For all the drivers who work excessive OT. We have a choice and it is the 9.5 list. Don't bitch about having no social or family life if you don't have the balls to go on the 9.5 list to alleviate the OT
Most drivers with young children are in progression and don't have 4 years. So let's think about all our brothers and not just the ones who CAN opt in

There are also drivers being forced to work 6 reports. How does the 9-5 list affect them? It doesnt.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Worked at a supermarket while in high school for minimum wage.

Worked at a Christmas bulb factory during the summers while in college for minimum wage.

2 years in college.

8 years on active duty in the Air Force.

Just started my 28th year at UPS.

We are overpaid for what we do.
Maybe overpaid for what YOU do...go to another center before you say that big fella

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
1. they don't want or care to know the difference between a seasonal or a driver; it's all brown to them

2. ORION has saved hundreds of millions so just because it makes you take a couple left turns doesn't mean it's not a macro-level success :lol:

3. the crush of packages down a belt hurts, and preloader a chucking things into package cars hurts more

yah i dunno if you've noticed but the squeaky wheel gets the grease who cares if they're a minority
In what world does passing stops and being made to return to the same street the same block three times save millions of dollars..? It doesn't

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I.E. Fantasy land. We saved 3 miles look at how awesome we are.....pay no attention to the driver that worked an hour longer at $50 an hour.
But that's where I'm confused...I still have never followed Orion once..but I'll turn it on to look how it has me do the route sometimes...it will literally have me deliver two stops on the same street...then 30 stops later go back on the same block of that same street...I are not very good at mathaymaticks but that don't make sense

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
But that's where I'm confused...I still have never followed Orion once..but I'll turn it on to look how it has me do the route sometimes...it will literally have me deliver two stops on the same street...then 30 stops later go back on the same block of that same street...I are not very good at mathaymaticks but that don't make sense
so I've said this before but I'll say it again for your benefit but ORION, once deployed , is a direct reflection of the ability and work ethic of your PDS

if it's doing some crazy :censored2: that you don't think makes sense then he can either change the parameters or maybe you're wrong, one of the other

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
so I've said this before but I'll say it again for your benefit but ORION, once deployed , is a direct reflection of the ability and work ethic of your PDS

if it's doing some crazy :censored2: that you don't think makes sense then he can either change the parameters or maybe you're wrong, one of the other
And every PDS I've ever known got the job by being the worst at every other job they were given.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
And every PDS I've ever known got the job by being the worst at every other job they were given.
yes ops management tend to think of the PDS position as a dumping ground, and then wonder why they can't make any of their elements and have all their drivers complaining to them about the dispatch..

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
yes ops management tend to think of the PDS position as a dumping ground, and then wonder why they can't make any of their elements and have all their drivers complaining to them about the dispatch..
I think it's pretty obvious.

The PDS will never get blamed. All blame can and is transfered to the driver after we hit the road.

oldngray

nowhere special
uh yeah no

PDS is probably the most harassed supervisor in the company, other than maybe a preload manager; far worse than any driver ever gets

A lot of it is because they are forced into situations where the system doesn't work. A good PDS will try to figure out the best solutions but there are others who will just follow what the computer tells them to do.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

In my experience, orion sucks on heavy business routes but is pretty good on country routes!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
A lot of it is because they are forced into situations where the system doesn't work. A good PDS will try to figure out the best solutions but there are others who will just follow what the computer tells them to do.
well the computer doesn't tell you to do anything, yet, it just tells you the probable results of your bad dispatch

even those probable results rely on how accurate the information you input was; so a lazy PDS who doesn't fix their DOL, doesn't look at recent results, and just wants to collect a check generally will lie and claim he's just obeying IE, or "the computer", or whatever other excuse they can manage to bull:censored2: people with