Saturday Ground Update

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
in the same world where a computer can make 10,000 more computations than you can
I don't care how dumb or smart someone is...driving down a street passing stops then coming back to the SAME area three hours later does not save mileage...point blank period...but I guess you're just another brainwashed employee :)

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I don't care how dumb or smart someone is...driving down a street passing stops then coming back to the SAME area three hours later does not save mileage...point blank period...but I guess you're just another brainwashed employee :)
what was your furdo slack, what were your AM/PM parameters, what were your pickup commits, how much air did you have

or are you just another whiny driver

oldngray

nowhere special
ORION will leave a few stops for later so its solutions supposedly make more sense (I heard).

ManInBrown

Orion is complete garbage, but it works on certain routes. Before I got my bid, I probably covered 15-20 different routes in my center. There was 1 or 2 routes where Orion was so bad, if I followed it I would be out there till 10pm every night. I'm talking going into a neighborhood, doing 3 stops, driving 15 minutes to another neighborhood, and then going back to the other one at the end of the night. With no pickups anywhere near that neighborhood. No reason to leave, and come back later. Just horrible. There were some where it was really good. You could basically follow it stop for stop. And the rest fell in the middle.

My bid route now it's pretty good. I have one area on my route that I just do in my head. I scroll thru 3 or 4 pages after every stop to see where I'm going next. It's usually 25-30 stops. The rest is pretty good. Other then wanting me to do all houses on wrong side on way in and all houses on wrong side on way out of a street.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I heard that Orion 2.0 will have a screen telling the Service Provider where to go. If this is true, tell me how this isn't distracting driving?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

85 percent. We've been so slammed management doesn't care if we use Orion. Like I said in a previous post, when you don't have enough drivers, you have to survive, it's been like peak season! All rules out the window except back exceptions.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
because it's makes the management think and do work

this is actually really funny because ORION goes absolutely gangbusters in peak, if you set the dispatches up correctly and you continue to follow all the usual "you can't be lazy" rules
If your talking about ORION trace during peak, then I will lose all respect for you.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
If your talking about ORION trace during peak, then I will lose all respect for you.
it's easy to :censored2: up, which is why nobody bothers, but i've seen it be an absolute monster too under a good PDS

the other caveat is you have so many new drivers that it's a complete no-go for them; so basically you'd have to put in a bunch of work that you can get away with not doing, it'd only be for bid routes with senior drivers, and if volume gets rolled or just doesn't show, it gets really :censored2:ed up

personally i drove in RDO my whole peak, so take that as you will

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
it's easy to :censored2: up, which is why nobody bothers, but i've seen it be an absolute monster too under a good PDS

the other caveat is you have so many new drivers that it's a complete no-go for them; so basically you'd have to put in a bunch of work that you can get away with not doing, it'd only be for bid routes with senior drivers, and if volume gets rolled or just doesn't show, it gets really :censored2:ed up

personally i drove in RDO my whole peak, so take that as you will
The only reason the percentage is off the charts is because we have more density. If I use RDO and normally have three stops per street, but at peak have 27 stops per street, naturally less breaks in trace will occur. I get a lot of work shuttled to me during peak, ORION has me doing work that is loaded on the shuttle in the AM, but my trace is still over 90% every day.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The only reason the percentage is off the charts is because we have more density. If I use RDO and normally have three stops per street, but at peak have 27 stops per street, naturally less breaks in trace will occur. I get a lot of work shuttled to me during peak, ORION has me doing work that is loaded on the shuttle in the AM, but my trace is still over 90% every day.
i was thinking SPORH and O/A; what you say about trace is correct

MynameisNeigan

I think the Saturday routes will be more like a Fedex route. Larger areas to cover by one driver. unless your route has shopping plazas which operate every day.